Gain Marketing Insights and Drive Smarter Engagement
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the importance of meaningful customer interactions.
- Explain how the Salesforce and Google Analytics 360 integration can help create meaningful customer interactions.
- Recount a real-world example of the Salesforce and Google Analytics 360 integration.
According to Salesforce Research, 57% of customers have stopped buying from a company because a competitor provided a better, more meaningful experience. This may seem obvious, but delivering the right experience for customers at the right time can be hard! Each customer is on their own journey. They’re at different places on that journey. And you, as their trusted guide, have to know what to do at any given moment to get them to their destination.
OK, that was a little abstract. What does providing the right experience means? Check out this example:
Pablo Buyer is interested in delighting his company’s new hires by getting them custom swag, because who doesn’t like swag? His company works with a custom bag designer that supplies all of their laptop bags, so their website is his first stop, but there’s nothing in their shop that interests him. He offers up his email in their webform so he can talk to someone about what he’s looking for.
He also searches online for “custom swag” and “custom apparel.”
The next day, he sees a sponsored ad from a custom athletic sneaker company called Cloud Kicks. Interesting. He clicks the link and there are several vibrant designs that he checks out. He offers up his email address in the webform. Soon after, he gets an email from Cloud Kicks with personalized details about those designs, their manufacturing process, and an offer for a free consultation and sample.
Pablo is now thinking about sneakers and is about to make that call. He’s all but forgotten about that bag designer, who has been silent throughout this entire process.
There can be several marketing obstacles that get in a company’s way. They include:
- Data silos. Multiple systems gather and house critical data, but they aren’t connected.
- Data accuracy issues. Incomplete information, incorrect information, duplicates, oh my!
- Inability to coordinate across marketing channels. This can take the form of different divisions that own email, social, and display advertising content.
- Stale data when it’s time to run a campaign. Think of when a customer submits their contact information on a webform, but decides to close a deal with your sales team right away. However, they’re still labeled as a lead in your website data. You send them content about the product anyway. Chances are, they’ll instantly feel like you don’t care enough to know who they are. Think about Pablo Buyer, whose email address sat with a company for so long without any action. By the time the company gets to the campaign, there is no real opportunity with him.
Often, marketers don’t come across just one of these challenges. It’s almost always the case that it’s a combination of these and more!
So how does the Salesforce and Google Analytics 360 integration help you make better use of data? How does the integration help you be right on time for your customer with no complex setup required?
- Sales Cloud Data Is Available in Google Analytics 360: Combine offline sales data with digital analytics data to see a complete view of the conversion funnel. Use this information to better understand how your marketing spend has led to closed-won business and to optimize your digital marketing based on offline sales data. These insights can help you repeat what works, and abandon the strategies that did not lead to your desired outcomes.
- Google Analytics 360 Data Is Available in Marketing Cloud: See web interaction data from Google Analytics 360 within Marketing Cloud Journey Analytics. Use this information to understand how effective your email campaigns are at bringing customers to your site.
- Marketing Cloud Email Data Is in Google Analytics 360: Use the wealth of information about how your customers interact with your marketing email to optimize your website experiences and measure email campaign performance.
- Marketing Cloud Journeys Powered by Google Analytics 360: Activate Marketing Cloud email journeys based on Google Analytics 360 audience data to engage with the customer at the right time and with the right message.
19 Major League Soccer clubs use Marketing Cloud Email Studio to support their email marketing efforts and Google Analytics 360 to continuously test and optimize the effectiveness of their journeys.
“There is no platform out there like Google to see how our fans interact online and where they go. The capabilities for targeting and retargeting with Marketing Cloud + Analytics 360 will give us the ability to instantly adapt and make decisions to keep fans engaged.”
–Sabrina Heise, Director, Fan Acquisition & Engagement, Major League Soccer
|Set marketing strategy from HQ to support clubs as they manage their own direct-to-fan communications
||Leveraging scalable templates through Email Studio to support marketing efforts of each club
|Reset email strategy with deeper focus on personalization, testing, and reporting
||Refreshing key Journeys and using Analytics 360 insights to guide their optimization strategy
|Tie touchpoints of the fan journey from email to text to stadium experience and more
||Connecting in-stadium experience with mobile studio for instant text-to-win campaigns