Learn the Benefits of Integrating Salesforce with Microsoft Outlook
- Summarize how your reps rely on Microsoft® Outlook® and Salesforce to work their prospects and deals.
- Recognize the redundancy your reps experience entering sales data in two applications.
- Describe how integrating Salesforce and Outlook helps your reps become more productive.
A Way to Increase Your Sales Reps’ Productivity
Your sales reps use Outlook. And they use Salesforce. Isn't it time your reps use Outlook and Salesforce together? According to McKinsey & Company, sales reps spend up to 28% of their day in email and calendars. That’s the case with sales reps Erin Donaghue and Lance Park, who work at an emerging solar company, Ursa Major Solar, Inc. It’s important for them to bring Salesforce data to the place where they spend so much of their time.
- Eliminate the time they spend on redundant data entry into two applications.
- Access important Outlook email messages and relevant Salesforce records in one place, making it easier to craft targeted, meaningful email communications to prospects and customers.
- Focus more on what matters most: their sales!
Why Sales Reps Use Outlook
|The Thing Reps Do||Why?|
|Send email messages||Email is an easy and effective way to engage with prospects and get relationships going.|
|Maintain contacts||The contacts in Outlook serve as your reps’ virtual Rolodex card file.|
|Schedule meetings and appointments||Your reps rely heavily on their calendars for planning their days and scheduling important events.|
Why Reps Use Salesforce
|The Thing Reps Do||Why?|
|Maintain leads and contacts||Your reps relate leads and contacts to other important Salesforce records, such as accounts and opportunities.|
|Schedule meetings and appointments||Sales reps and their managers rely on the Salesforce calendar to get sales-related meetings and appointments on the books.
Your reps also relate these events to other important Salesforce records.
|Track deals in the pipeline||Sales folks track their deals using Salesforce opportunities, which your sales teams relate to (you guessed it) other important Salesforce records.|
|Learn about outstanding cases||Not everything in sales goes smoothly. Your reps benefit from knowing of issues that their customers log with your company. Knowing about issues is especially important before your reps try selling whatever it is that your reps sell!|
Why Redundancy Is a Problem
Why is knowing about redundancy important? Because your sales reps do some of the same things in Outlook as they do in Salesforce. Our Ursa Major sales reps Erin and Lance often use both applications to track contacts, schedule meetings and appointments, and track tasks.
- Time lost during context switching and maintaining data in two places. The context switching alone pulls your reps out of their selling mode and puts them into a tools management mode.
- Greater chances for data entry errors. When your reps enter data in both Outlook and Salesforce, the possibility of getting something wrong increases. We can see that when Erin enters a contact in Outlook and then again in Salesforce, she inadvertently introduces an error. Not good.
How Integrating with Outlook Helps Your Sales Reps
With the Outlook integration, reps can do more from Outlook. Plus, when you add Einstein Activity Capture, reps avoid busy work and stay focused on selling. Here’s a quick glimpse of what you can deliver to your sales reps.
|Outlook Integration Feature||Why It’s Helpful|
|See and relate relevant Salesforce content in Outlook||From Outlook email, your reps get context into what’s happening with the people they sell to. And most important:
|Access Salesforce features in Outlook||There’s no need to leave Outlook when your reps:
|Einstein Activity Capture Feature||Why It’s Helpful|
|Sync contacts and events||Sales reps have access to up-to-date contact and scheduling data where they need it most. And with data entry reduced, so are data entry errors. You can also sync all events in a series.|
|See emails and events on related Salesforce records||When reps send and receive emails, Einstein Activity Capture automatically adds them to the activity timeline of related account, contact, contract, lead, opportunity, and quote records. Sharing settings let you decide who else can view the related emails and events, so that teams work together better.|
|Get critical sales context alongside relevant emails||Einstein Email Insights give reps intelligent data that helps them send the right response at the right time. For example, reps see when an email from a customer mentions a competitor. The rep can then follow up immediately with the customer.|
Learn more about the Outlook integration and Einstein Activity Capture.