Connect B2C Commerce and Service Cloud
- List the benefits of connecting commerce and service.
- Describe what happens when you process a return.
- Describe what happens when you process a cancellation.
Bridge the Gap Between Commerce and Service
Now that you know how Salesforce Order Management can help you manage and fulfill orders more efficiently, what’s next? What happens when a customer contacts you with a question about an order? Can your service agents access the same information as your order management team?
The answer is yes, they can. Because Salesforce Order Management natively supports Service Cloud, your service agents can see all the same order information that your order management team sees. With Salesforce Order Management, your service agents no longer have to log in to external systems to access order information—they can access order summary records directly from the Service Console.
According to the Salesforce State of Service research report, 84% of service professionals say a unified view of customer information is key to providing great customer experiences.
- Service agents can locate a customer account and view the customer’s order history in the Service Console—without switching over to the Order Management Console.
- Service agents can use customized workflows to automatically associate a case with a customer’s order summary.
- Service agents can see all order information in one place, making it easier to respond to customer questions and process cancellations and refunds.
Salesforce Order Management helps you to bridge the gap between B2C Commerce and Service Cloud by giving your service agents a single view of order and service history. Let’s see how this works.
Empower Service Agents with Information
Because your service agents can access order summaries directly from the Service Console, the order information they need is always at their fingertips.
Your service agents can still communicate with customers in any channel and they are free to manage their interactions in a familiar workspace—the Service Console. But, they can now handle customer requests more quickly because they no longer need to switch back and forth between multiple systems to find the information they need.
When a customer contacts a service agent with a question about an order, the agent accesses the customer’s account record directly in the Service Console. The account record shows the customer’s order history. This makes it easy for the agent to locate the customer’s order information. The agent can then open the appropriate order summary directly in the Service Console.
The agent now has all the customer’s order information in view. From here, the agent can answer questions about order products and charges, authorized and captured payment amounts, fulfillment statuses, shipping information, and more.
To see this in action, take a few minutes to watch this quick demo.
Process Cancellations and Returns
In addition to accessing order summaries to answer customer questions, service agents can also process cancellations and returns by using links in the Actions & Recommendations section on the Order Summary page.
Cancel an Item: A service agent can process a cancellation for order items that haven’t been allocated or fulfilled.
- Creates a change order to track the cancellation.
- Updates the order product totals and order product quantities on the order summary.
Return an Item: A service agent can process a return for order items after the order items are fulfilled.
- Creates a change order to track the return.
- Updates the order product status and order product totals on the order summary.
- Creates a credit memo to reconcile the refund amount with your financial management system.
The cancel and return processes are powered by flows. You can work with the service team to modify these flows to meet your business requirements. For example, you can add steps to the return flow to handle return shipments.
Let's Wrap It Up
Congratulations, you’ve reached the end of the Salesforce Order Management module. You’ve learned about all the cool features in the product and you’re now ready to get to work managing, fulfilling, and servicing orders.