Enable Feed Tracking
Many records and fields are tracked by default, and you can add more of your own. You can track fields on User, Group, Custom, and External objects, and the following standard objects: Account, Article Type, Asset, Campaign, Case, Contact, Contract, Dashboard, Event, Lead, Opportunity, Product, Report, Solution, and Task.
- Accounts: Account Name, Account Owner
- Cases: Case Owner, Priority
- Groups: Allow Customers, Description, Access Type, Information, Information Title, Name, Owner
- Contacts: Account Name, Contact Owner, Name
- Leads: Lead Owner, Lead Status, Name
- Opportunities: Amount, Close Date, Opportunity Name, Opportunity Owner, Stage
- Users: About Me, Address, Email, Manager, Phone, Title
- From Setup, enter Feed Tracking in the Quick Find box, and then click Feed Tracking.
- From the list of objects, select Contact.
- Select Enable Feed Tracking.
- Select up to 20 fields to track.
- Click Save. After you save your changes, the number of tracked fields appears to the right of the Contact object.
When someone changes a tracked field on a Contact, the feed on the Contact is updated with a system message noting the change. People who follow the Contact also see the update in the What I Follow Feed when the filter is set to All Updates.
To save time and space in your feeds, multiple feed tracked change updates are bundled into a quick-reference list. Bundles are collections of feed tracked change items that you see in feeds. You can see bundles in your browser and in the new Salesforce mobile app. In Salesforce for Android and Salesforce for iOS, bundles appear only in record feeds.
Feed tracked changes (FTCs) are bundled when at least three FTCs with the same parent ID are formed within a specified time. The default time is 1,440 minutes. New FTCs are added to the same bundle, as long as the change occurs within a specified time.
When someone comments on a bundled FTC, it’s removed from the bundle and placed on its own in the feed. FTCs without comments or likes are deleted and removed from the bundle after 45 days. If the number of FTCs in an existing bundle drops to two, the bundle’s nonetheless preserved. If the number of FTCs in a bundle drops to one, the bundle’s deleted, and the single FTC appears on its own in the feed.