Enable Feed Tracking
Many records and fields are tracked by default, and you can add more of your own. You can track fields on User, Group, Custom, and External objects, and the following standard records: Account, Article Type, Asset, Campaign, Case, Contact, Contract, Dashboard, Event, Lead, Opportunity, Product, Report, Solution, and Task.
- Account: Account Name, Account Owner
- Case: Case Owner, Priority
- Group: Allow Customers, Description, Access Type, Information, Information Title, Name, Owner
- Contact: Account Name, Contact Owner, Name
- Lead: Lead Owner, Lead Status, Name
- Opportunity: Amount, Close Date, Opportunity Name, Opportunity Owner, Stage
- User: About Me, Address, Email, Manager, Phone, Title
- From Setup, enter Feed Tracking in the Quick
Find box, and then click Feed
- From the list of objects, select Contact.
- Select Enable Feed Tracking.
- Select up to 20 fields to track.
- Click Save. After you save your changes, the number of tracked fields appears to the right of the Contact object.
When someone changes a tracked field on a Contact, the feed on the Contact is updated with a system message noting the change. People who follow the Contact also see the update in the What I Follow Feed when the filter is set to All Updates.