Understand Salesforce Anywhere Components
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the benefits of adding Salesforce Anywhere components to Salesforce.
- List examples of how different components can increase team efficiency.
Adding Components: As Much Art as Science
Congratulations, you’re ready for the fun part—adding Salesforce Anywhere components to your Salesforce pages. In this phase, you get to tap into your technical skills and your creativity. The process of adding components is both an art and a science.
All Salesforce Anywhere components provide great functionality for your team, but it’s up to you to decide how to best use them to increase productivity and efficiency. Earlier you discussed your specific bottlenecks and issues with your team. Now, you know their pain points have an idea of how you can streamline things. Think of Salesforce Anywhere components as your custom set of tools to create a framework for your team.
Which Components Do I Need?
You have the option to install any or all of the following Salesforce Anywhere components, based on what you see as most useful for your team. Your options include:
- Salesforce Anywhere component: Provides a list of all Salesforce Anywhere files associated with the record.
- Salesforce Anywhere document component: Lets users interact with Salesforce Anywhere documents, spreadsheets, and slides directly within Salesforce. See the Resources section for recommendations on how to set up this component and to create templates with mail-merge syntax.
- Salesforce Anywhere notifications component: View Salesforce Anywhere notifications in Salesforce. We recommend setting this up in your Salesforce utility bar, as Salesforce Anywhere notifications show all notifications—not just those associated with the record a user is currently on.
In our Choco Chocolate Company example, owner Emma Rivera decides to use all three components, as well as Salesforce Anywhere’s Chat functionality.
Here’s the value that each provides her team:
- Salesforce Anywhere component: Streamline Choco Chocolate Company’s sales processes by viewing all Salesforce Anywhere documents associated with any record. For example, Emma’s team has been working tirelessly to get their products into Clean Supermarket, and she has assigned multiple AEs to follow up with the account. Any AE that accesses the Clean Supermarket record in Salesforce can now see the Account Plan associated with Clean, as well as other related documents that other team members have created.
- Salesforce Anywhere document component: Emma’s team now uses templates to standardize their sales documents and ensure they are always using the most updated version. She’s sending in a new AE to meet with another member of the Clean Supermarket team. With Salesforce Anywhere, it’s easy for that AE to view other documents that have been shared and create her own pitch deck based on them.
- Salesforce Anywhere notifications component: Emma’s team gets notifications related to their shared Salesforce Anywhere documents directly in Salesforce. When something is urgent, they won’t miss a message sent through another program. Plus, they can take action on notifications directly within Salesforce by opening the document the notification referenced right in their Salesforce instance. This also cuts down on meeting time, since quick questions can easily be solved through chat messages and notifications.
It’s Personal, and It’s Business
As you know by now, adding components to Salesforce optimizes your team’s Salesforce experience for efficient team collaboration. Different components help solve different issues, so your team may want to use some or all of them depending on your unique needs. That’s what’s so great about Salesforce Anywhere for Customer 360. It’s a business solution that helps streamline your processes in a personalized, need-specific way.
As you add components, be thoughtful about where you put the components on the page. For example, you’ll likely want the Salesforce Anywhere document component placed prominently on the main object. While you don’t have to put it here, it’s worth considering, because this is the component that your team will be accessing most frequently.
Likewise, most teams add the associated document component on the right side of the page, where it’s easily accessible to click into supporting documents your team members might want to reference.
Because components are visually represented on screen, they’re easy for your team to see and access. Your team knows these will always be pinned to the top. This helps you with training, documenting processes, and so on. You can say in a training video, for example, “On the left, you’ll find supporting documents.”
As noted above, we recommend you add the notifications component to your utility bar. That way, no matter what you’re doing in Salesforce, you can stay up to date with your Salesforce Anywhere notifications. If you only have it on your homepage but navigate away from that page, you could miss an important update from your team.
Now that you understand what Salesforce Anywhere components are and how to use them, in the next unit, we cover exactly how to add them to your Salesforce pages.
- Salesforce Anywhere: Salesforce Spring ’19 Release Salesforce Anywhere Updates: Salesforce Admin Guide
- Salesforce Anywhere: Salesforce Lightning Integration Setup Instructions Pre-Winter 2019
- Salesforce Anywhere: Document Component
- Salesforce Anywhere: Setting Up Your Salesforce Anywhere Notification Component in the Utility Bar