Get to Know High Velocity Sales
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what inside sales means.
- Describe how Salesforce is helping inside sales teams.
Inside sales rep, sales development rep, business development rep, virtual sales rep, remote sales rep…the list goes on. It seems, these days, everyone has a term for what they think inside sales is. But for the purposes of this Trailhead module, let’s define each sales role.
- Inside sales rep (ISR)—These are reps who focus on selling to prospects and customers from a desk, not out in the field. Some companies have these reps focus on certain tasks or specific parts of the sales cycle.
- Sales development rep (SDR)—They focus on handling inbound leads and qualifying opportunities. They likely handle large volumes of leads. For each lead, they have a specific set of actions to handle.
- Business development rep (BDR)—This team is a little more seasoned than SDRs. They generate net-new opportunities and focus on new business and cross-sell business. Sometimes, they have specific actions they need to take with leads, but the volume is lower, and they have more autonomy to make decisions on what they believe is the best next step.
Sales engagement has moved from traditional channels to digital channels. And while traditional salesforce automation solutions still value face-to-face interactions, today’s reps are using technology like email, messaging, video conferencing chat, and voice over IP (VoIP) as part of their sales process. In fact, reps today spend 6x more time selling in front of a screen than they do in person.
And it’s a business model that’s gaining in popularity. Research shows that inside sales roles are growing 15x faster than field sales roles. That means it’s important for companies to stay ahead of the curve with their teams and their technology.
On average, an inside sales rep spends only 32% of their day selling. The rest of the time they’re looking up information, trying to plan out which lead to call next, or logging notes. All of that is split between different systems—in general, inside sales reps have to navigate six tools to do their jobs. That can cost a company time and money--up to $4000 per rep per year.
Those reps need a streamlined solution that can help them spend time on what they do best: selling.
Salesforce High Velocity Sales is a streamlined solution tailored to inside sales teams (including sales development and business development reps) and designed to speed up the sales process. Bringing together many of Salesforce’s core technologies with new features, High Velocity Sales gives inside sales teams:
- Insights on how to prospect smarter and faster
- Integrated tools to eliminate busywork and multiple logins
- New levels of best-practice automation for scalable, repeatable success
The features included in this new product are:
- Lightning Sales Console
- Sales Cadences
- Work Queues
- Einstein Lead Score
- Email Integration
- Lightning Dialer (optional, additional SKU)
We dive into the benefits of these features in the next unit. So come with us on this Trailhead journey, and learn how these features can help sales reps in every role boost their productivity and help managers establish and drive repeatable success with the new Salesforce High Velocity Sales!