Protect Privacy in Health Cloud
- Explain the importance of controlling access to patient information in Health Cloud.
- Describe the Health Cloud permissions that each user must have.
- Configure organization-wide sharing defaults for your org.
Now that she’s installed Health Cloud, the next thing that Harryette wants to take care of is patient privacy. She knows that safeguarding privacy is especially important in healthcare. She wants to ensure that information about personal health issues only reaches people who are required to know it. Without privacy protections, patients can be vulnerable to stigma, embarrassment, and even discrimination.
Harryette can control access to specific things in Health Cloud through user profiles and permissions. Her careful attention to access helps protect patient privacy, and it helps healthcare workers be as effective as they can be. Without full trust in information privacy, patients and their caregivers are hesitant to disclose sensitive information even to their physicians and case managers.
Assign Health Cloud Permissions
Regardless of the profiles they have, Harryette’s users are going to need a special set of permissions to do their work in Health Cloud. Harryette reviews the permissions and steps she needs to take, and then gets to work.
Heads up: Things can get a little complicated right around this point. If any of this permission set information is confusing, go ahead and consult the Salesforce help article on permission set licenses, then come back! See the Resources section for a link.
First, to be able to access Health Cloud, every user must have two permissions.
- Health Cloud Permission Set License (PSL)
- Health Cloud Platform PSL
Optionally, you can assign the Analytics Platform PSL if you plan to use Tableau CRM Analytics for Healthcare.
To make sure all her users get both of these Health Cloud permission sets, Harryette first creates a Permission Set Group that contains the Health Cloud Permission Set License (includes Health Cloud PSL) and the Health Cloud Foundation (includes Health Cloud Platform PSL) permission sets.
She then clicks Manage Assignments and assigns the permission sets to all users.
Field permissions specify the access level for each field in an object. Users have to be able to edit certain essential fields in order to use Health Cloud, whether you’re using profiles or permission sets to control access.
Harryette goes to Setup and finds the Field Accessibility page. There, she makes sure that her users have access to the standard fields listed in the Health Cloud Implementation Guide.
Assign Health Cloud Profiles
Harryette adjusts her users’ profiles to give them access to the Health Cloud fields and records. She goes to Setup and searches for Profiles. She can clone existing profiles and tweak various permissions and settings to create custom profiles, which she can then assign to specific users.
Next, Harryette wants to make the Health Cloud page layouts available to the profiles she’s assigned. She takes these steps.
- From Setup, enter
Profilesin the Quick Find box and select Profiles.
- Click a profile name.
- In the Page Layouts section, click View Assignment next to any tab name.
- Click Edit Assignment.
- Use the table to specify the page layout for each profile.
And with that, she gives anyone with those profiles access to the record types they need.
Set Organization-Wide Sharing Defaults
You can modify the Organization-Wide Sharing Default for Contacts in orgs that use person accounts.
To share information about a person account, you must share the entire account. To use this feature, edit your Sharing Settings. Harryette must set the organization-wide default sharing to either Contact is Controlled by Parent or both Account and Contract are Private.
- From Setup, enter Sharing Settings in the Quick Find box and select Sharing Settings.
- Do one of the following:
- For Account and Contract, select Private.
- For Contact, select Controlled by Parent.
In this unit you explored how permission sets and user profiles can protect patient privacy and ensure that users work effectively in Health Cloud. You also learned some basic setup steps to put those controls in place. Next, you take a quick tour of the Health Cloud Lightning console and discover the possibilities available at your fingertips.
- Salesforce Help: Profiles
- Salesforce Help: User Permissions
- Salesforce Help: What Are Permission Set Licenses?
- Salesforce Help: Assign Health Cloud Permission Set Licenses
- Salesforce Help: Administer Health Cloud
- Salesforce Help: Assign Page Layouts to Profiles or Record Types
- Salesforce Help: Business Contact Sharing for Orgs That Use Person Accounts