Turbo Charge Your Sales Reps with Inbox Features
- Describe the benefits of adding Inbox features to your integration with Gmail.
- Add Inbox features for your sales reps.
How Inbox Boosts Your Sales Team’s Productivity
Ursa Major made the move to the cloud-based Gmail integration, and it has set up Einstein Activity Capture. Already Maria notices that her sales reps get more done in less time. Maria wants to give her reps even more ways to work even smarter when they communicate with customers and prospects through email. Adding Inbox to the Gmail integration can do that.
|The Things Reps Do||With Inbox Features, Reps Can|
|Schedule meetings with customers and prospects, often going back and forth trying to get something scheduled.
||Insert open time slots from their calendar directly in an email message. Recipients select which time works best for them, and the integration schedules the meeting. The suggested times update as a rep’s availability changes, even after they receive the email.
|Wonder whether the email reps sent was ever opened, or whether it’s too soon to follow up.
||See when customers open an email and whether they clicked any links inserted in the email. Reps know with certainty when their customers engaged with what they sent.
|Type the same phrases again and again when promoting your company’s products and services.
||Create shortcuts for the phrases they use most and easily add them to the body of their email messages. Reps say goodbye to potentially embarrassing typos and hello to saving time!
|Engage with customers and prospects at the best time.
||Draft an email message and send it when the customer is most likely online. Because timing is everything, reps can schedule when their customers receive the email, so that it makes the greatest impact for a potential sale.
Those features can increase the efficiency of Ursa Major’s reps when they communicate with customers and prospects. Let’s talk about how Maria takes advantage of these features.
Add Inbox Features to Your Gmail Integration
With the addition of an Inbox license, reps experience all the benefits of Inbox features. Maria talks to her Salesforce sales rep about activating the license. Next, it’s time to turn on Inbox in the Gmail integration and select which users get access to the features.
- Click , and select Setup.
Gmailin the Quick Find box, and then select Gmail Integration and Sync.
- To see the Gmail integration settings, expand Let users access Salesforce records from Gmail.
- In the Inbox in the Gmail Integration section, select Edit Settings.
- In the Salesforce Inbox page, enable Make Inbox Available to Users.
That was easy! Maria’s ready to select who gets access to Inbox features.
Select Who Gets Access to Inbox Features
- In the Salesforce Inbox page, select Assign Permission Sets in the Who Can Use Inbox section.
You can access this same setting in the Select Who Can Use Inbox section of the Gmail Integration page in Setup.
- Select an Inbox standard permissions set, Inbox With Einstein Activity Capture or Inbox Without Einstein Activity Capture. If you set up Einstein Activity Capture, assign the Inbox With Einstein Activity Capture permissions set. If your reps use High Velocity Sales, the High Velocity Sales User permission set also includes the Inbox permissions.
- Click Manage Assignments, and then select the users who get access to Inbox features.
- Click Add Assignments.
Ensure That Reps See the Added Features
When Maria turns on Inbox in the Gmail integration, the standard Gmail integration pane includes all Inbox features. Maria still has flexibility to customize how Salesforce content appears in Gmail, and which Inbox features her reps can access.
Because Maria customized the email pane for her reps, they don’t yet see any Inbox features. Maria can either reassign her reps to the standard email pane with Inbox features, or add the features to the customized pane using Lightning App Builder. Either way, reps see the changes the next time they access the integration in Gmail.
Integrating Gmail with Salesforce is a great way to keep your reps productive with the tools they rely on most. You reduce context switching, so your reps can focus on the important things: their customers and closing deals. And Einstein Activity Capture keeps your reps’ contacts and events in sync, so your reps don’t miss a beat. Add Inbox features to the integration, and your reps get all the tools to work at top speed.