Set Up the Gmail Integration and Lightning Sync
- Enable and set up the Gmail integration.
- Enable and set up Lightning Sync.
Setting up the Gmail™ integration and Lightning Sync isn’t difficult, but it does require some time. And if you don’t administer Gmail accounts for your company, you can get that admin to work with you on setting up Lightning Sync.
Before Ursa Major’s admin, Maria Jimenez, invests time in any setup, she reviews system requirements for the Gmail integration and Lightning Sync.
Gmail Integration and Lightning Sync System Requirements
|For Your||You Need|
|G Suite Gmail with a unique email domain in this format:
G Suite Gmail lets Google servers communicate with Salesforce.
|Browser||Google Chrome™, most recent stable version|
Set Up the Gmail Integration
- Click and select Setup.
- In the Quick Find box, enter Gmail, then select Gmail Integration and Sync.
- Turn on the Gmail integration.
- Give your sales reps instructions to Set up the integration in Gmail.
Set Up Lightning Sync for Google
- Enable Lightning Sync. From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter Gmail, and then select Gmail Integration and Sync. Turn on Lightning Sync.
- Select how you connect to your email server. Get more information on how to choose and configure a method for connecting to Google.
- To test the connection to Google, run the Lightning Sync connection test. The test checks several points of connectivity between Salesforce and Google. When the test is complete, it provides a summary describing your connection status. See detailed instructions for running this test.
- Define sync settings for your sales reps, such as:
- Who can sync and what kinds of items they can sync
- Whether you want to limit items
- What happens when a rep deletes an item from either Gmail or Salesforce
- Tell your reps how they can prevent certain events from syncing. Your reps, for example, most likely want to keep personal events from syncing to Salesforce. Learn how to prevent certain events from syncing to Salesforce.
Customize the Gmail Integration Pane
- Customize the email integration panes with Lightning App Builder. You get loads of flexibility customizing how Salesforce content appears in Gmail
- Create Lightning Email Templates and add the Templates component to a customized App Builder Email Application Pane. Reps can quickly craft email messages using templates instead of writing messages from scratch. Learn how to use Lightning email templates with Gmail