Learn the Benefits of Gmail Integration
- Summarize how your reps rely on Gmail and Salesforce to work their prospects and deals.
- Identify with the redundancy your reps experience entering sales data in two systems.
- Describe how integrating Salesforce with Gmail helps your reps become more productive.
A Way to Increase Your Sales Reps’ Productivity
Your sales reps use Gmail. And they use Salesforce. Isn’t it time reps use Gmail and Salesforce together? According to McKinsey & Company, sales reps spend up to 28% of their day in email and calendars. That’s the case with sales reps Erin Donaghue and Lance Park, who work at an emerging solar company, Ursa Major Solar, Inc. It’s important for them to bring Salesforce data to the place where they spend so much of their time.
- Eliminate the time they spend on redundant data entry into two systems.
- Access important Gmail email messages and relevant Salesforce records in one place, making it easier to craft targeted, meaningful email communications to prospects and customers.
- Focus more on what matters most: their sales!
Why Sales Reps Use Gmail
|The Thing Reps Do||Why?|
|Send email messages||Email is an easy and effective way to engage with prospects and get relationships going.|
|Maintain contacts||The contacts in Gmail serve as your reps’ virtual Rolodex card file.|
|Schedule meetings and appointments||Your reps rely heavily on their calendars for planning their days and scheduling important events.|
Why Reps Use Salesforce
|The Thing Reps Do||Why?|
|Maintain leads and contacts||Your reps relate leads and contacts to other important Salesforce records, such as accounts and opportunities.|
|Schedule meetings and appointments||Sales reps and their managers rely on the Salesforce calendar to get sales-related meetings and appointments on the books.
Your reps also relate these events to other important Salesforce records.
|Track deals in the pipeline||Sales folks track their deals using Salesforce opportunities, which your sales teams relate to (you guessed it) other important Salesforce records.|
|Learn about outstanding cases||Not everything in sales goes smoothly. Your reps benefit from knowing about the issues that their customers log with your company. This is especially important before your reps try selling whatever it is that your reps sell!|
Why Redundancy Is a Problem
Why is this important to know? Because your sales reps do some of the same things in Gmail as they do in Salesforce. Our Ursa Major sales reps Erin and Lance often use both systems to track contacts, and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Time lost during context switching and maintaining data in two places. The context switching alone pulls your reps out of their selling mode and puts them into a tools management mode.
- Greater chances for data entry errors. When your reps enter data in both Gmail and Salesforce, the possibility of getting something wrong increases. We can see that when Erin enters a contact in Gmail and then again in Salesforce, she inadvertently introduces an error. Not good.
That’s how integrating Salesforce and Gmail help. Let’s look at how maintaining consistent data between Gmail and Salesforce helps your reps stay on top of their game.
How the Gmail Integration and Lightning Sync Help Your Sales Reps
|Core Feature||Why It’s Helpful|
|See and relate relevant Salesforce content in Gmail||From Gmail, your reps get context into what’s happening with the people they sell to. And most important:
|Access Salesforce features in Gmail||There’s no need to leave Gmail when your reps:
|Sync contacts and events||Using Lightning Sync in the background, your reps don’t duplicate data entry for things such as contacts and events in both Gmail and Salesforce.
Add Inbox to Your Gmail Integration
Want your reps to be even more productive while working in their email? Of course you do! We already know that a productive sales team is the best sales team. And you can turn your reps into deal-closing machines by adding Inbox to your Gmail integration. With an Inbox license, your reps have access to more email features, like scheduling messages, tracking opens, and more. We cover Inbox features in an upcoming unit.
Take a Tour of the Gmail Integration
Ready to see the Gmail integration in action? Watch this quick demo that shows how reps can view and work with Salesforce data directly in their inbox
Next, let’s see how to set up the Gmail integration and Lightning Sync.