Set Up Your Org for Better Searching
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Activate the Einstein Search features for your entire org.
- Improve search for all your users.
Start Your Einstein Search Engines
By now, hopefully you’re convinced that using Einstein Search can save you time, save you money, and make your users happier. You know that there’s almost no learning curve for users—no complicated installation or manipulation—and Einstein Search is bundled free with several editions of Salesforce.
So, as they say in the comics, Let’s do this.
This module assumes you’re an administrator with the proper permissions to enable org-wide features. If you’re not an administrator, that’s OK. Read along to learn how your administrator would take the steps in a production org. Don't try to follow these steps in your Trailhead Playground. Einstein Search isn't available in the Trailhead Playground.
Enable Einstein Search for Your Org
In just three clicks, you can turn on all three Einstein Search features:
- Personalization—to get the most relevant search results for each user.
- Actionable Instant Results—to access record previews, actions, quick links, and suggested searches.
- Natural Language Search—to filter search results using common words and phrases.
You can enable personalization and actionable instant results independently. Natural language search requires actionable instant results.
To enable Einstein Search:
- Click and select Setup.
Einstein Searchin the Quick Find box and select Enable Einstein Search.
- Select all three checkboxes on the setup page.
- Click Save.
That’s it. That’s all you have to do.
The next time that your users log in or refresh their screen, they’ll have access to the best, smartest, most intuitive search tool going.