Get to Know the Datorama Platform
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Define marketing intelligence.
- Describe the key components of the Datorama marketing intelligence platform.
As a marketer, you want to be able to act on the right insights at the right moment. For each marketing activity, you want to see all your performance, outcome, and investment data in one place. What you’re looking for is cross-platform marketing intelligence that helps you hold every investment and activity accountable.
Here's how Datorama delivers.
- Connect and unify all your marketing data and insights in one centralized platform across Marketing Cloud technologies and any other tools and technologies in the market—with clicks, not code.
- Analyze and report across all channels and campaigns so every stakeholder in the organization has the right information at their fingertips. Visualize AI-powered insights across all data to take action at scale to achieve KPIs.
- Act and collaborate to drive ROI to bring the organization together toward common goals using built-in activation and collaboration tools to connect your marketing technology stack and decision makers.
Let’s take a look at these capabilities in more detail.
Connecting and unifying data manually is no small feat. Datorama enables you to connect new channels, tools, and internal systems instantly to support measurement, reporting, and optimization. Datorama makes it easy to bring any data into the platform, no matter where it comes from, and then helps you make sense of it.
Datorama’s data integration, data modeling, and semantic layer combine deep in-the-box marketing expertise, AI machine learning, and easy extensibility to strike the perfect balance between automation and customization. Connecting and unifying all platforms, tools, and reports in one place becomes simple with smart assistive technology.
Key Integration Capabilities
- APIConnect: Access the most extensive—and fastest growing—library of marketing APIs, plus popular databases, cloud storage platforms, and big data environments. Datorama APIs cover the full spectrum of the marketing and advertising technology ecosystem: social, search, display, video, programmatic, web analytics, CRM, email, and more.
- TotalConnect: Purpose-built for marketers, TotalConnect automates the ingestion, cleansing, collection, and data model mapping of all of your file-based reporting sources—crucial steps that manual approaches struggle to keep up with, even with advanced skill sets. Plus, continuous machine learning means Datorama keeps getting smarter, gaining insight from the hundreds of thousands of data streams active in the Datorama platform every day.
- LiteConnect: Simplify data ingestion and analysis of single data files. Using LiteConnect, drag data files into Datorama and watch Datorama visualize it instantly. LiteConnect doesn't require any upfront data model considerations, so it's perfect for ad hoc analysis and nonmarketing sources such as sales data, geographic data, or weather data.
Once all data is clean, integrated, and harmonized in one place, the next step is to mine it for insights. Datorama’s always-on optimization and reporting, striking visualizations, and AI machine learning give you the marketing intelligence you need to make smarter decisions.
With Datorama, you can monitor and report on all of your marketing data in a unified platform and provide each stakeholder with the right KPIs, trends, and drill downs. Then optimize in the moment with AI surfaced insights—all accessible wherever you are, via web or mobile.
Key Insight Capabilities
- Data Canvas: A suite of visualization capabilities, Data Canvas combines dashboarding with sophisticated data discovery tools to enable you to create compelling, data-driven stories and analyses.
- SmartLenses: Our AI-powered one-click dashboards, SmartLenses, take care of KPI setup and data modeling from key channels automatically. Instantaneously see the most important metrics and trends that inform more effective business decisions and drive positive outcomes.
- Einstein Marketing Insights: Analyzes marketing campaigns and automatically reveals strategic tweaks so you can capitalize on what’s working and course correct what’s not.
- Custom Analytics: Ready to deploy your own predictive or prescriptive models across all of your marketing data? Datorama provides analytics power users with deep analytical and developer tools including R and Python support and much more.
After you glean insights from your data, you need to be able to act on it. Whether that’s through alerting your teams of important findings or modifying marketing campaign strategy, Datorama simplifies the process by connecting the right information to the right people and systems. That way, you can collaborate, manage campaigns, and activate your data across any platform. Datorama delivers intelligent goal monitoring, enterprise collaboration, and workflow automations across the full array of marketing technologies.
Key Activation Capabilities
- Activate: Conduct cross-platform actions and notifications. With Action Rules, use simple if/then logic to perform data-based actions. With the Activation Connector Library, connect to leading marketing platforms in just a few clicks to manage campaigns on Facebook, Google Ads, Twitter, and more directly from within Datorama. Plus, use Webhooks or Python to create custom actions for any use case.
- Collaborate: Bring team collaboration to the next level right from within the dashboard in order to make informed decisions and ask questions within the context of your data. Share data and insights from the widget to dashboard level via live embeddable links, downloadable reports, or any image file type. Integrate with Slack or any chat app to broadcast data to all teams.
Datorama is a multitenant marketing analytics platform designed to support all business units and teams within global organizations—or all clients within agencies or other services organizations. We deliver high performance to users worldwide with no manual provisioning required. Our user and data security permissioning can ensure everyone has access to the right information across all roles.
Now that you know how Datorama provides one centralized platform for all your marketing data and decision making, next let’s see how brands and agencies are using Datorama today.