Get to Know Social Studio Publish
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain how social marketing and Social Studio can help your business.
- Navigate Social Studio Publish.
- Create a calendar note.
It’s no surprise that social media is evolving the customer experience. As a marketer, you’re probably aware that social media now accounts for a third of all time people spend online (according to a recent report published by Global Web Index). There’s more expectation than ever for businesses to go beyond the expected product or service in order to deliver a customer experience that truly differentiates. This is where the power of Social Studio can help.
Need a refresher on Social Studio? Check out this overview video:
In Social Studio Basics, you learned how to set up and administer your Marketing Cloud Social Studio account and tenant. Now we’re going to look at exactly how you can use Social Studio to change the management of your customer experience in social media from a burden into an asset.
Meet Social Studio Publish
Wouldn’t it be nice to have one central place to manage all of your social accounts? Social Studio Publish gives you one place to manage all of your social content. You can:
- Draft content.
- Share content.
- Schedule content to publish.
- Review content drafted by others.
- Approve content for publishing.
- Access images.
Plus, you can access all of this from your desktop or in a mobile app using Android or iOS.
Ready to get started? Let’s dive in.
In Get Started with Social Studio, you learned that a workspace is where you add, customize, and configure all the social media accounts you’d like to monitor. You can access a workspace by clicking a workspace tile when you log into Social Studio.
After you click a workspace, you’re taken directly into Publish for that workspace. Here’s where you create and publish content for the social accounts that are authorized for that workspace. The main navigation for Publish includes these options.
- Create a new post for a social account.
- View scheduled and past posts. Filter by account or status.
- Access drafts of posts. Edit or share the content.
- Review performance statistics for your posts.
- Find a list of tasks assigned to you for approving content.
- Access and use content that is shared across the workspace. View details and statistics for the content.
The Publish Calendar
When you navigate into Publish, the first page you are taken to is the calendar. The workspace calendar is a centralized location to plan, schedule, and even create content. Each workspace has its own calendar so that workspace members can view and collaborate on content without needing to filter out other business unit content.
Let’s take a look at the calendar.
As a workspace member, you can do the following with the calendar.
- View all published and scheduled content.
- See who created the content.
- Preview the content.
- View post details.
- Add and review calendar notes.
- Filter the calendar by social account, post status, media type, author, or label.
- Select to view the calendar by day, week, month, or detailed list.
Pro Tip for Calendars
To create a global calendar view that shows all published posts in Social Studio, create a workspace with all the social accounts in the tenant. The global calendar shows only previously published posts. Posts from other workspaces that are scheduled to publish in the future will populate in the global calendar after they are live.
Have a Message? Leave a Note!
Calendar notes are a helpful way to add reminders to the calendar, post questions to other team members, or leave messages. Any workspace user can add a note of up to 256 characters for past or future dates.
- To create a note, click the desired date and time slot on the calendar.
- Click Note.
- Enter a title.
- Set the date and time for the duration of the note.
- Enter a description.
- Save the note.
The new note appears on your calendar with the details you provided. You can edit or delete notes.
Now that you’re comfortable navigating in Publish and using the calendar, next we explore how to create a post for your social accounts, enhance it with images and videos, save the post as a draft, and publish it.