Create Forecasting Reports
- Create a custom forecasting report type.
- Create a forecasting report.
Create a Custom Report Type and a Report
To make forecasting reports available to your team, you first create a custom report type. Then you create reports that belong to the custom type. The report type defines the set of records and fields available to a report based on the relationships between a primary object and its related objects.
|Primary Object||Use in Reports to Show...|
|Forecasting Items||Forecasting amounts, including adjustment amount information|
|Forecasting Items with Opportunities as a related object||Opportunity information for specific forecasting line items|
|Forecasting Items with Opportunity Splits as a related object||Opportunity split information for specific forecasting line items|
|Forecasting Items with Opportunity Product as a related object||Product family information for specific forecasting line items|
|Forecasting Quotas||Information about individual or team quotas|
|Forecasting Quotas with Forecasting Items as a related object||Quota attainment information|
- From Setup, enter Report Types in the Quick Find box and select Report Types.
- Click Continue, and then click New Custom Report Type.
- For Primary Object, select Forecasting Items.
- For Report Type Label, enter Forecasting Items.
- Add a description, such as “Total forecast amounts for all of a forecast manager’s team members.”
- For Store in Category, select Forecasts.
- Select Deployed.
Click Next, then Save.
Next Lauren creates a report based on the Forecasting Items custom report type.
- In the Sales app, click the Reports tab, and then click New Report.
- Choose Forecasts and then Forecasting Items, and then click Continue.
Remove the default filters. Click Filters, and then in the Show
Me field, select All forecasting items and click
Apply. Then, in the End Date field, select a range of
All Time and click Apply.
(If you're following along in your Trailhead Playground, you won’t see data in your report preview.)
- Create a row grouping. Click Outline, and then in the Group Rows field, select Start Date.
- Create a column grouping. In the Group Columns field, select Forecast Category.
Add a summarizable field. Click Fields, and then from the fields
pane, double-click Forecast Amount.
Add a filter for forecasting type. Click Filters. Then, in the
Add filter field, select Forecasting Type: API Name > Equals. Under
the equals operator, type the name of the forecast type you want to report on. Lauren
chooses opportunity revenue, and then clicks Apply.
Click Save, and then enter a report name and description. Save
the report in the Public Reports folder.
Lauren had a busy day and accomplished everything she set out to do. Now her team is ready to forecast accurately with Collaborative Forecasts. She’s pretty psyched.
- Enabled Collaborative Forecasts
- Added a Forecasts tab to the Sales app and made it visible to her team
- Enabled four forecast types
- Enabled Collaborative Forecasts users
- Defined a default forecast date range
- Customized forecast category names
- Enabled manager and owner adjustments
- Set a default currency
- Enabled quotas
- Created a custom forecasting report type and a forecasting report