Set Up B2B Marketing Analytics
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Enable Analytics.
- Set up your Salesforce and Pardot connector.
- Create a permission set.
- Assign a permission set.
Get Cloudy Consulting has decided to analyze its data in a whole new way. Leung Chen, the marketing manager (remember her from the Pardot Basics module?), has been tasked with setting up the B2B Marketing Analytics app. Before her team can begin looking at their data Leung must first enable Analytics from the Salesforce Menu.
- In the Salesforce Setup menu, under Administer, click Analytics | Getting Started.
- Click Enable Analytics.
Now she is ready to enable replication in order to decouple the extract of Salesforce data from her workflows.
Leung has reviewed the article and is ready to enable replication. She takes these steps.
- From Setup, enter
Analyticsin the Quick Find box, then select Settings.
- Select Enable Replication, and then click Save.
- After Leung enables replication, she makes sure to run replication before her dataflows’ next run. Dataflows with sfdcDigest nodes fail until replication has run and completed for the first time. [For more information, read Schedule, Run, and Monitor Replication.]
Good! Leung is now ready to move on to the next step, connecting her Salesforce and Pardot accounts. [If your accounts are connected already scroll down to the next section.]
- Make sure the user role is set to Pardot Administrator.
- From any page in Pardot, hover over the gear icon, and navigate to Settings | Edit Account.
- In the Salesforce Analytics section, select the fiscal year start month from the dropdown.
- After Salesforce and Pardot setup is complete, navigate to Reports | B2B Marketing Analytics to activate the app.
Now that Leung has set up B2B Marketing Analytics, let’s look at how she can create and assign permission sets so the right people are given access to all the data.
First, Leung needs to create permission sets made up of analytics user permissions.
- In the Setup menu, under administer, click Manage Users | Permission Sets and then click New.
View Analyticsin the Label field, as appropriate. This automatically creates the API name, as well.
- For License, select the Analytics Platform permission set license. When you select a specific permission set license, any user assigned to the permission set is auto-assigned the permission set license. If you select --None--, you must manually assign the permission set license to users before you can add them to the new permission set.
- Click Save. The new permission set should appear on the Permission Sets Overview page.
- Click System Permissions to open the list of user permissions enabled by the Analytics Platform license.
- Click Edit.
- Next, Leung needs to do one of the following.
- To create the Manage Analytics permission set, select the Manage Analytics user permissions and click Save. Leung has successfully created a permission set that enables access to all Analytics features. She doesn’t have to select any of the other individual permissions. Assign this permission set sparingly, because it provides access to all Analytics features, many of which are inappropriate for most analytics users.
- To create the View Analytics permission set, select Use Analytics and Upload External Data to Analytics user permissions and click Save. Leung has successfully created a permission set that enables a user to view the Analytics datasets, lenses, and dashboards that they have permission to view, and to upload data files from outside Salesforce.
Leung needs to repeat these steps for every user in her organization who requires access to Analytics.
OK, next up Leung needs to assign these permission sets to users. To do that, she must do the following either one at a time or in bulk to give people access to Analytics functionality.
- In the Setup menu, under administer, click Manage Users | Permission Sets.
- Select the Manage Analytics or View Analytics permission sets.
- Click Manage Assignments and click Add Assignments.
- Select the users who need access to Analytics, and click Done. When Leung assigns this permission set to users, Salesforce auto-assigns the Analytics Cloud-Analytics Platform permission set license to those users.
Be careful when assigning these permission sets, since they provide access to all Analytics features.
Now that you’ve seen Leung set up and install the new app, you’re ready to begin importing data! Awesome work! In this module you learned what B2B Marketing Analytics can do and how to get it set up.