Prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Access resources to prepare for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam.
- Apply exam strategies to eliminate distractors and identify correct answers.
Study for the Exam
This is a good time to make sure you have a solid understanding of the content covered on the exam.
- Review any parts of the training until you are comfortable explaining the concepts in your own words.
- Review the resources offered throughout this training to get a deeper understanding of topics.
- Focus on understanding concepts rather than memorizing facts.
- Take the practice exam to get familiar with the exam format.
Review AWS Whitepapers
AWS whitepapers offer information on an array of technical subjects. Here are the ones that can help you gain a deeper understanding of the topics covered in the exam. These can also help with the flashcards and practice questions in the following sections.
- Overview of Amazon Web Services
- How AWS Pricing Works
- Cost Management in the AWS Cloud
- Compare AWS Support Plans (website)
Exam Topic Flashcards
Use these interactive flashcards to test your knowledge on some of the key topics in the exam.
Read the question or term on each card, then click the card to reveal the correct answer. Click the right-facing arrow to move to the next card, and the left-facing arrow to return to the previous card.
In the following section, we dissect a sample exam question. To follow along, here are some tips to help you break it down so you can fully understand what’s being asked and determine the right answer.
- Read both the question and the answer in full.
- Identify key words in the question, and make sure the answer you select satisfies all of the requirements.
- Eliminate the distractors (incorrect answers) to narrow down the correct answers.
Dissecting an Exam Question
In this section, you walk through the steps of dissecting an exam question. Each step is explained by a pop-up message you can close by clicking x. At the end, you can go back to the beginning to go through these steps again.
Exam Practice Questions
Ready to work on some practice questions? The following tool is not scored—it’s just an easy way to quiz yourself. Read the question and then click the answer you think is correct. Click Submit and you get a popup telling you whether the answer you chose is correct or incorrect and why with links to helpful resources.
You have the option to select a different answer if the answer you selected is incorrect. When you reach the end, you can review the answers or retake the questions.
Tips for Exam Day
Here are a few more tips to help you get ready for the exam.
- Determine if you’re taking the exam online or at a testing site.
- If you plan to take an online proctored exam, thoroughly read the policies beforehand to make sure you understand and can meet the requirements. Note: You’re prohibited from leaving your desk at any point during an online proctored exam.
- If you take the exam at a testing site, you can use the restroom during the exam, but your timer continues to count down.
- If you’re not sure of the answer to a question, take your best guess, then flag the question and come back to it later. You might find that other questions help you eliminate distractors and determine the correct answer.
- Keep track of your time.
- After you’ve answered all of the exam questions, use any extra time you have to review all of the questions you flagged or were otherwise unsure about.
- You’re not penalized for guessing, so make sure all of the questions are answered before you submit your exam.