- Describe the key elements of the AppExchange home page.
- Understand how to navigate AppExchange using search and recommendations.
- Describe AppExchange collections.
In the previous unit, you decided to look for a solution on AppExchange that can help you understand how Ursa Major’s sales team is using Salesforce. You also developed your AppExchange strategy. AppExchange is rich with innovative options, so how do you find what you need? Keep reading to increase your AppExchange skills and find your best-fit solution.
Likewise, the Industry Collections page lets you view listings by major industry, such as Education and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
The Latest Collections category, however, is something special. It’s your one-stop shop to explore all of AppExchange's newest collection pages to find apps and experts that are right for your business. For example, you can explore our recently launched collection pages that highlight black-owned businesses, women-owned and founded businesses, and AAPI-owned businesses to honor and promote diverse partners in the Salesforce Platform.
Be sure to check out this collection: the Salesforce Labs Digital App Guide. Labs solutions are free, customizable apps built by Salesforce employees to help you get started faster. The guide walks you through the many possible ways to put Labs apps to work for your business.To learn all the up-to-date info about all of our Latest Collections, bookmark the page and check back often to stay on top of newly added collections.
Collection Spotlight: Salesforce Labs
As mentioned, Labs apps are built by Salesforce employees. Because Salesforce employees aren’t only busy building apps, but also doing their day jobs, Salesforce Labs apps aren’t supported in the ways that a paid app might be.
However, there are many advantages for you to choose a Salesforce Labs app—they’re:
- Built by Salesforce employees
- Security tested and reviewed
- Built primarily with native Salesforce technologies
- Widely known for their quality and utility
- Mostly open source on GitHub
View the Salesforce Labs Apps collection on AppExchange to get started.
You can also:
- Check Latest Collections for the newest info about Labs
- Read the Salesforce Labs Digital Apps Guide
- Filter your searches by Free apps, and look for the Salesforce Labs logo
Use Recommendations to Your Advantage
The Recommended for You category acts like your favorite neighbor, the one who offers you a tool when you need it or knows the plumber you call in a pinch.
The recommendations are based on where you’re located, what you’ve installed, the community profile info you’ve shared, and more. When you arrive on AppExchange and haven’t logged in, get started with Appy’s Picks For Getting Started (1) and Getting Started: Salesforce Labs (2) recommendations.
But of course, as an AppExchange expert, you’re already logged in so you see a tailored experience.
Did we say recommendations are like a good neighbor? It’s more like a whole neighborhood of advice.
- Inspired by Your Searches (1): Recommendations that spring from your recent searches.
- Getting Started: Customers Recommend (2): Solutions that your fellow AppExchange customers use and have rated highly.
- Trending (3): Seeing the same old, same old would be boring. And AppExchange is anything but. Here you see a selection of recommendations based on your previous browsing and searching activity. Check back often!
- Free Solutions Recommended for You (4): Cost-free solutions from Salesforce Labs and other partners? Count us in!
Search and Filter the Expert Way
Remember your AppExchange strategy? You’re looking for a free app for Ursa Major that’s compatible with Lightning Experience that can help you track user adoption.
You can use those free recommendations, but let’s use search and filters to get specific.
- In a new browser tab, open the AppExchange website.
- In the search box, enter
- Press Enter or Return.
- In Solution Type (A), deselect all types but Apps.
- In Prices (B), deselect all prices but Free.
- In Clouds and Features (C), select Lightning Experience.
- Click Apply Filters (D).
Using searching and filtering, you went from thousands of possible offerings to a shorter list. Pretty cool, right? The top result, Salesforce Adoption Dashboards listing, looks promising for Ursa Major. It’s free, has a 4.5 star rating, and has a recent Latest Release.
But Wait, There’s More…
Go ahead and click Salesforce Adoption Dashboards to open this listing. You need it for the next unit.
But before you move on, let’s review how far you’ve come. In this unit, you learned how to navigate the AppExchange home page, use search, filters, and recommendations. You even browsed our curated collections. Whew!
Keep reading to become the expert you know you are, and learn about AppExchange listings in detail.