Get Hands-on with Quick Text
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Create a quick text message.
- Use quick text in tasks and events.
- Maintain your Salesforce Certified Administrator certification.
In this unit we focus on the quick text feature. You discover what’s new with quick text in Winter ’19 and then try it out for yourself. Quick text lets users insert predefined messages into emails, tasks, events, chats, and more to save time and increase standardization. To make quick text even easier to use, we added more ways to insert predefined messages. Use a keyboard shortcut, a button in a rich-text editor toolbar, like for an email publisher, or a popup button next to supported text fields.
Let’s get started by walking through how to set up a quick text message.
In Setup, add quick text to your app to let your users view the quick text list view.
- Enable quick text.
- From Setup, enter
Quick Text Settingsin the Quick Find box and select Quick Text Settings.
- Select Enable Quick Text.
- From Setup, enter
- Click the App Launcher.
- Under All Items, select Quick Text.
- In standard navigation apps, click the Quick Text tab.
- In console navigation apps, select Quick Text from the item picker.
- Click New.
- If you have more than one quick text record type, select a record type for the new message, and click Continue.
- Enter a message name.
- Use a name that helps users identify when to use this message.
- Enter the message.
- The message can include line breaks, lists, special characters, merge fields, and up to 4,000 characters.
- Select the channels in which you want the message to be available. Depending on which features are enabled in your org, the following channels might be available.
- Email—for Email actions
- Event—for Event actions
- Internal—works with internal fields, like on the Change Status action
- Knowledge—for Knowledge articles in Lightning Experience
- Live Agent—works with Live Agent chat in the Service Console
- Phone—for the Log a Call action
- Portal—works in a community or a customer portal
- Social—for social posts
- Task—for Task actions
- Select a Category
- In orgs created before Spring ’18 that have quick text enabled in Salesforce Classic, this field is required, and a default Category is provided for you. In orgs created after Spring ’18, this field isn’t required.
- Select a folder.
- Folders help you organize and share quick text. You can create up to four levels of folders: one root folder and up to three subfolders.
- This field is visible only when Share and organize quick text in folders is enabled. In some orgs, the Folder field must be added to the page layout.
- If you use merge fields, click Preview to review the message with data from records that you choose.
- Click Save.
Now that you know how to create a quick text message, let’s see what’s new with quick text in Winter ‘19.
Tasks and events now support quick text. Users can insert quick text to enter common descriptions like, “Follow up with customer for more details” or “Verify customer address” instead of repeatedly typing out the same message.
How does it work?
Lightning Experience enables quick text by default in all orgs. If you enabled and created quick text in Salesforce Classic, your messages work in Lightning Experience.
When you create or edit a quick text message, set the Channel field to Task or Event. A quick text button appears when you put your cursor in a supported field for quick text. Sales reps can also use quick text for tasks and events.
|In tasks, check out the Comments field.
||In events, check out the Description field.
Now it’s your turn to try quick text!