Learn About Account Manager Targets
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- List the benefits of using account manager targets with Manufacturing Cloud.
- Sign up for a Developer Edition org with Manufacturing Cloud.
Before You Start
Before you proceed with this module, make sure you complete the Manufacturing Cloud Admin Essentials badge. You learn all the configurations for account manager targets that an admin must set up in that module.
Track Growth Plans with Account Manager Targets
Every year, sales organizations go through an important exercise: target setting. At the fiscal new year, it’s time to assess past sales performance and convert new business goals into measurable and achievable new sales targets. When done right, sales targets motivate account managers to dig deep to close more deals and drive more business in the new year.
But this takes data. Companies need visibility across their sales team to monitor sales performance against targets. Manufacturing Cloud has just the thing to help: account manager targets.
Meet the Sales Team at Badger Parts
Badger Parts has been using Manufacturing Cloud for some time now. Elliott Drake heads the sales team for the AMER region. He gained the status of superstar after his team successfully adopted Manufacturing Cloud to manage sales and operations. His account managers are finding it easy to manage business using sales agreements and account-based forecasts.
Elliott now wants to look at how Manufacturing Cloud can help the company scale. Specifically, he wants to track growth plans at an organizational level with team and individual targets. This is critical for the success of Badger Parts.
Elliott meets with Cindy Jones, the admin for Badger Parts, to find out more about the account manager targets capability in Manufacturing Cloud.
Cindy has already set up account manager targets for Badger Parts and quickly runs Elliott through the configurations. (See unit 5 in Manufacturing Cloud Admin Essentials for details on this setup.) Elliott has an executive all-hands in the coming week and wants to demonstrate the capabilities to the top sales executives. If he can impress them, Badger Parts can start using account manager targets for the upcoming fiscal year.
In the meeting Elliott explains the capabilities to the sales team and VP of Sales, Bill Mckenzie.
- Account managers can create, assign, and edit targets for their organization to meet performance goals based on product volume, revenue, or any custom measure.
- Executives can drive performance and productivity by converting growth plans into measurable targets for customer-facing teams.
- Businesses can ensure they’re using a single source of truth for their company performance with account manager targets and forecasting in a single place.
- Targets are easy to manage because Manufacturing Cloud gives you the flexibility to reassign an invalid team target to another team member, change the target owner, move it to the parent target, or delete it.
Bill wants to try out this new way of managing organizational goals. He wants to create revenue targets for his team members and then ask each of them to further assign their targets. They can distribute those assignments based on accounts and products.
Sign Up for a Developer Edition Org with Manufacturing Cloud
To complete this module, you need a special Developer Edition org that contains Manufacturing Cloud and our sample data. Get the free Developer Edition and connect it to Trailhead now so you can complete the challenges in this module.
- Sign up for a free Developer Edition org with Manufacturing Cloud.
- Fill out the form.
- For Email, enter an active email address.
- For Username, enter a username that looks like an email address and is unique, but it doesn’t need to be a valid email account (for example, email@example.com).
- After you fill out the form, click Sign me up. A confirmation message appears.
- When you receive the activation email (this might take a few minutes), open it and click Verify Account.
- Complete your registration by setting your password and challenge question. Tip: Write down your username, password, and login URL for easy access later.
- You are logged in to your Developer Edition.
Now connect your new Developer Edition org to Trailhead.
- Make sure you're logged in to your Trailhead account.
- In the Challenge section at the bottom of this page, click the playground name and then click Connect Org.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password for the Developer Edition you just set up.
- On the Allow Access? screen, click Allow.
- On the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen, click Yes! Save it. You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition to earn this badge.
Now that you have a Manufacturing Cloud-enabled org, you’re ready to try the steps in this module—and learn how to blaze new trails with your accounts.