Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp for Platform Developer I (TVB450)
Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp for Platform Developer I is a blended, prescriptive, expert-led training program that gives you a 30-day plan to learn what you need to become a Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I.
The program is a mix of engaging bite-sized Trailhead content and live coaching from Salesforce Certified instructors. Twice a week, you will have the opportunity to tune in and review each week’s learning with your instructor and the chance for Q&A with fellow students.
The course includes a voucher to sit for the Salesforce Platform Developer I certification exam (valued at $200 USD).
Learn more: Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp FAQ
Who should take this course?
- Developers with experience of Object Oriented Programming Language such as Java, C# or Python.
- Developers who want to learn to make programmatic customizations using Apex and get a solid foundation to become a Salesforce Platform Developer.
- Developers who want to become Salesforce Platform Certified with a flexible self-paced learning schedule.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify common use cases for declarative versus programmatic customization.
- Describe key features of Salesforce programming languages including: Apex, SOQL, SOSL, Lightning Web Components, Aura Components, and Visualforce.
- Write Apex classes and triggers, following best practices.
- Explain important Salesforce concepts such as the testing framework, governor limits, and the save order of execution.
- Use programmatic techniques to prevent security vulnerabilities.
Lessons and Topics
Week 1 (Salesforce Platform Basics):
- Salesforce Platform Architecture
- Customization Options
- Objects, Fields, and Relationships
- Formula and Roll-Up Summary Fields
Week 2 (Declarative Automation and Apex Fundamentals):
- Declarative Process Automation
- Apex Overview
- Data Types, Classes, and Methods
- Control Flow Statements
Week 3 (Working with Data in Apex):
- Data Manipulation Language
- SOQL and SOSL
- Data Access Security
- Interfaces and Inheritance
- Governor Limits
Week 4 (Apex Triggers, Visualforce, and Best Practices):
- Save Order of Execution
- Invocable Apex
- Exception Handling
- Visualforce Pages
- Visualforce Controllers
Week 5 (Lightning Components):
- SOQL Injection
- Visualforce Pages in Lightning
- Aura Components
- Lightning Component Events
- Lightning Web Components
- Platform Events
- Next Best Action
Week 6 (Testing, Code Coverage, and Deployment):
- Testing Apex Code
- Debugging and Monitoring
- Development and Deployment Tools
- Data Import and Export