Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp for Platform App Builder (TVB403)
Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp for Platform App Builder is a blended, prescriptive, expert-led training program that gives you a 30-day plan to learn what you need to become a Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder.
The program is a mix of engaging bite-sized Trailhead content and live coaching from Salesforce Certified instructors. Twice a week, you will have the opportunity to tune in and review each week’s learning with your instructor and the chance for Q&A with fellow students.
The course includes a voucher to sit for the Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam (valued at $200 USD).
Learn more: Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp FAQ
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who wants to start developing their Salesforce skills and become Platform App Builder certification-ready.
- New application Developers
- Developers new to Salesforce products, point-and-click Developers who want to understand the declarative development tools available on the platform
Whether you are looking to become a Salesforce Developer, Architect, or Consultant, this course will provide you with a solid foundation of the Salesforce Platform by learning how to automate business processes with Process Builder, approvals, and flows.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the capabilities of core CRM objects.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate data model.
- Describe the features available to restrict and extend object, record, and field access.
- Given a set of business requirements, recommend a solution to automate business processes.
- Describe the user interface customization options.
- Describe features available when creating reports and dashboards.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate deployment plan.
- Identify declarative boundaries and use cases for programmatic customization.
Lessons and Topics
Week 1 - Data Modeling and Management
- Salesforce Platform Architecture
- Standard and Custom Objects
- Fields and Relationships
- External Objects
- Schema Builder
Week 2 - Data Access Security
- Data Import and Export
- Profiles and Permissions
- Record Access
- Custom Applications and Custom Tabs
Week 3 - User Interface
- Page Layouts
- Lightning App Builder
- Salesforce Mobile App
- Quick Actions
Week 4 - User Interface (cont.) and Business Process Automation
- Feed Tracking and Social Tools
- Record Types
- Formulas and Rollup Summaries
- Validation Rules
Week 5 - Business Process Automation (cont.) and App Development
- Workflow Rules
- Approval Processes
- Save Order of Execution
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Sandboxes and Change Sets
Week 6 - App Development (cont.), Reporting, and Declarative Boundaries
- Alternatives to Change Sets
- Reports and Dashboards
- When Declarative Isn’t Enough