Preparing for your Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam (CRT550)
Are you ready to take the next step in your career by becoming a Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant? This course is the last step in that journey. It provides a detailed overview of the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Exam objectives, helping you focus your studying efforts. Salesforce experts will spend their time making sure you have: 1) a detailed understanding of what the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam covers, 2) the resources necessary to prepare for the exam, and 3) exposure to and practice with example test questions. In the Americas region, the course includes a voucher to sit for the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant certification exam.
Who should take this course?
Those already holding the Salesforce Certified Email Specialist credential with 6 months to 1 year of Marketing Cloud implementation/consulting experience, preparing to take and pass the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- A detailed understanding of what the Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant Exam covers.
- Access to the resources necessary to prepare for the exam.
- Exposure to and practice with example test questions.
Lessons and Topics
- Course Purpose
- Learner Expectations
- Exam Overview
- Provided with a set of business requirements, determine what additional information is needed to design the recommended solution.
- Provided with a list of branding and creative strategies, probe for additional information that is needed to recommend an appropriate solution.
- Provided a customer environment and goals, determine the viability of external systems that need to be included in the solution (I.e. POS, CRM, e-commerce, data warehouse, data source inputs).
- Demonstrate how to gather requirements in order to put together the data and segmentation strategy for the customer (I.e. frequency, complexity, volume of sending).
- Given a scenario that includes customer information about subscriber acquisition, management, and attrition, utilize this information to select solution components.
- Given a solution, recommend the appropriate customer skill sets required to utilize the Marketing Cloud application.
Marketing Cloud Connect
- Understand the prerequisites to consider prior to starting a Marketing Cloud Connect configuration (I.e. Salesforce edition, list of integration users, scope user, administrator credentials).
- Understand how to send an email to a contact, lead, campaign, and report via the Sales/Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud (I.e. sending, triggered, automated).
- Understand how Sales/Service Cloud data in the Marketing Cloud can be segmented.
- Given a customer scenario, recommend the appropriate Marketing Cloud role based on User Stories.
- Determine which type of customer scenario warrants the creation of a business unit (I.e. publication types, demographic, workflow processes, and organizational structure).
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot issues regarding Reply Mail Management.
- Analyze the impact of applying Sender Authentication Package (SAP) to a business unit (I.e. link wrapping, Landing Pages, image URLs).
- Explain how the information in data views and tracking extracts are accessed.
- Compare and contrast standard reports, data views, and tracking extracts.
- Summarize Send Logs including when/why to use it; how to create and manage.
- Explain the various data objects in the Marketing Cloud (I.e. data extensions, list model, data retention model, publication lists, suppression lists).
- Understand available data types, retention, and template options when building a data extension.
- Understand how data is retrieved within a Relational Data Model (I.e. basic SQL).
- Given a customer scenario, recommend the appropriate import method with lists or data extensions.
- Understand the implications of a system being database of record.
- Understand the required steps to build, test, and deploy an email based on customer requirements.
- Explain the various ways to individualize email content (I.e. AMPscript, personalization strings, Dynamic Content, Guide Template Language).
- Compare and contrast the ways to individualize content, such as: SSJS vs. AMPscript, Dynamic Content Wizard vs. AMPscript/ LookupRows function.
- Explain various Marketing Cloud Email technologies (I.e. Link Alias tags, Impression regions, Web Analytics Connector).
- Explain the role and capabilities within Contact Builder.
- Understand how cardinality impacts data modeling.
- Summarize how to use Data Designer to incorporate data source into Contact Builder.
- Given a customer scenario, know how to build an Attribute Group to be used for a simple interaction.
- Compare and contrast automation tools such as Journey Builder and Automation Studio.
- Given a customer scenario that includes Journey Builder, evaluate the requirements, activities, and steps.
- Explain the requirements for and the methods by which a contact can enter a Journey.