Certification Preparation for Platform Developer I (CRT450)
Are you ready to take the next step in your career by becoming a Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I? By covering the details around the exam objectives, this course will help hone your problem-solving skills and reinforce your knowledge of key topics. A mock exam at the end of the course will help you assess your readiness. In the Americas region, the course includes a voucher to sit for the Salesforce Platform Developer I certification exam.
Who should take this course?
This course is intended for an individual who has experience developing and deploying basic business logic and user interfaces using the programmatic capabilities of the Salesforce platform, including practical application of the skills and concepts noted in the exam objectives below.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the structure of the exam and the exam’s objectives.
- List the most heavily weighted exam objectives.
- Describe key features of the Salesforce programming languages, including: Apex, SOQL, SOSL, and Visualforce.
- Explain important Salesforce concepts, such as the testing framework, governor limits, and the save order of execution.
- Explain the ALM of a Salesforce development project.
Lessons and Topics
Introduction to the Course and the Exam
- Introduction to AW Computing
- Introduction to the Platform Developer 1 Certification
Database Modeling and Management
- Modeling Data
- Managing Data
Logic and Process Automation (Part 1)
- Working with Formulas and Rollup Summary Fields
- Working with Basic Constructs in Apex
- Working with SOQL
- Working with SOSL
- Working with DML
- Working with Exceptions and Governor Limits
Logic and Process Automation (Part 2)
- Working with Apex Classes
- Working with Apex Triggers
- Describing the Save Order of Execution
- Working with Visualforce Pages
- Working with Visualforce Controllers
- Working with the Lightning Component Framework
- Describing the Testing Framework and Requirements
- Creating Test Data and Tests
- Executing a Test
- Testing Considerations
Debug and Deployment Tools