Salesforce CPQ Admin Essentials for New Administrators (CPQ201)
Hands-on foundational training providing you with the basic knowledge needed to set up, configure, and maintain a Salesforce CPQ instance, enabling your success with Salesforce CPQ. We recommend new administrators take this course before starting a Salesforce CPQ implementation or when taking over an existing implementation.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for a new system administrators responsible for the
setup, configuration, and maintenance of their organization’s Salesforce CPQ
application. Also for sales ops, IT managers, power users, and other users
who would benefit from a deeper knowledge and understanding of the
capabilities of Salesforce CPQ.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Set up products, bundles, and product and pricing rules.
- Advise and implement out-of-box configuration of discounting, pricing methods, and output document generation.
- Navigate the essential events and objects fundamental to the contract creation, renewal, and amendment process.
- Initiate a solid and direct learning path toward passing the Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist exam.
Please complete the following before attending our expert-led class.
Lessons and Topics
Products, Bundling, Product Rules
- Product fields and related objects integral to basic
- Salesforce CPQ functionality
- Configurable Product Bundles and the resulting user interface and experience
- Enforcing business logic with Product Features, Option Constraints, and simple Validation and Selection Product Rules.
Pricing Methods and Discounting
- Pricing waterfall
- List pricing, cost plus markup pricing, and block pricing
- Contracted pricing
- Tiered discounting
- Programmatically setting values for Quote and Quote Line fields
- Events and conditions and leading to the execution of Price Actions
- Price Action sources, including static values and Summary Variables
Contracts and Renewals
- Transferring quote data to the account
- Contract lifecycle with amendments and renewals
- Generating dynamic output documents