Install Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) into a Trailhead Playground
Install NPSP Into a Trailhead Playground
To install Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) into a Trailhead Playground, you’ll need to have a few things handy:
- The username and password for your Install NPSP Trailhead Playground
- The URL to access the NPSP installer: https://install.salesforce.org/products/npsp/trailhead
If you've arrived here immediately after finishing the first part of the process following the instructions in Prepare to Install Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), you should still be logged in to your Trailhead Playground and have all the right tabs open. If not, you'll need to first make sure you log in. Everyone needs to be on the same page before moving forward here!
Open Your 'Install NPSP' Trailhead Playground
To get going with this next part of the project, you need to be logged in to Trailhead and have your 'Install NPSP' Playground open and ready.
1. Log in to Trailhead (if you logged out from the previous step to get a delicious snack, or something equally excellent). From the top of the page, click your photo and select Hands-on Orgs.
2. From the Salesforce Hands-on Orgs page, click the Launch button associated with your Install NPSP Playground to open it in a new browser tab.
You should land on a Trailhead Playground welcome page.
Run the NPSP Installer
After you’ve logged into your Trailhead Playground, it’s time to run the NPSP install tool:
1. Copy and paste this URL into your browser to launch the NPSP installer: https://install.salesforce.org/products/npsp/trailhead
2. On the NPSP installer welcome page, click Log In to Start Pre-Install Validation and select Production or Developer Org.
Do not select the sandbox or scratch org option.
Look sharp, eagle eyes! Make sure you’re definitely not in your real org with real data, or inside a different Playground. Installing NPSP using the link on this page could overwrite existing customizations, so you want to be doing all of this in your fresh Install NPSP Playground made just for this project.
3. The Salesforce login page will load. Log in using the username and password for your Install NPSP Trailhead Playground (that you wrote down and kept handy, right?).
4. After submitting your login credentials, you have to give the installer permission to access your Trailhead Playground org. On the Allow Access page, click Allow.
5. On the Install NPSP page, you will receive a message that your pre-install validation was completed successfully. Review the information in the Connected to Salesforce box and verify that you’re installing into the correct org. Look for that fun animal again in the username to be sure.
6. Click Install.
It may take a few minutes for all components to install, but you can watch your progress on the NPSP installer page.
If you receive an error during the installation process, go to help.salesforce.com, find the Support & Services area and log a technical support ticket with Salesforce. Include “NPSP” in the subject line and include in your comment the installation link listed in the error message. Mention that the error is within a Trailhead Playground. The more technical support knows about the situation, the faster they can help solve it!
When everything installs correctly, you’ll see a confirmation message at the top of the screen and a list of green check marks next to each package.
8. Click the user icon at the top of the NPSP installer page and select Log Out.
And...you’re done! Now all that’s left to do is check that NPSP installed correctly into your Playground. First, go to the Verify Step section below on this page. Select the shiny new Trailhead Playground you created in Step 1 and launch it. If you haven't already done so, complete the steps listed above to run the NPSP installer. Then click the Verify button to see how it went.