Get Started with Salesforce CPQ for Pricing
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe how Salesforce CPQ pricing tools differ from standard price book functionality.
- Sign up for a special CPQ-enabled Developer Edition org.
Putting together quotes for your customers involves more than just choosing the right products; it’s also about making sure the prices for those products are right too. For example, you might have negotiated prices for just one customer, causing sales reps to remember to account for those exceptions. Fortunately, Salesforce CPQ gives administrators a number of tools to ensure that products are automatically priced correctly when added to a quote. Gone are the days of using binders full of pricing tables, or the spreadsheet your colleague sent you. Now let Salesforce CPQ do all the work so your sales reps spend their time closing more deals.
To complete this module, you need a special Developer Edition org that contains Salesforce CPQ and our sample data. Get the free Developer Edition and connect it to Trailhead now so you can complete the challenges in this module.
Even if you've recently signed up for a special CPQ-enabled Developer Edition org, sign up for new one now. We're always adding new data. Also note that the Salesforce CPQ managed package expires after 90 days, so you may need a new org anyway.
- Sign up for a free Developer Edition org with Salesforce CPQ.
- Fill out the form. For Email, enter an active email address. For Username, enter a username that looks like an email address and is unique, but it doesn't need to be a valid email account (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After you fill out the form, click Sign me up. A confirmation message appears.
- When you receive the activation email (this might take a few minutes), open it and click Verify Account.
- Complete your registration by setting your password and challenge question. Tip: Write down your username, password, and login URL for easy access later.
- You are logged in to your Developer Edition.
Now connect your new Developer Edition org to Trailhead.
- Make sure you're logged in to your Trailhead account.
- In the Challenge section at the bottom of this page, select Log into a Developer Edition from the picklist.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password for the Developer Edition you just set up.
- On the Allow Access? screen, click Allow.
- On the Want to connect this org for hands-on challenges? screen, click Yes! Save it. You are redirected back to the challenge page and ready to use your new Developer Edition to earn this badge.
Now that you have a Salesforce CPQ-enabled org, you’re ready to learn the many ways that you can use CPQ to adjust prices automatically.