Study Up on the Data Layer
After completing this unit, you'll be able to:
- Extract and load data into the Einstein Analytics application to create datasets.
- Describe how the Salesforce platform features map to the model-view-controller (MVC) pattern.
- Implement refreshes, data sync (replication), and recipes to appropriately solve the basic business need.
- Identify the common scenarios for extending an application's capabilities using AppExchange.
- Demonstrate knowledge of what can be accomplished with the Einstein Analytics API.
- Use Einstein Analytics to design a solution that accommodates dataflow limits.
This unit prepares you for the Data Layer section of the Salesforce Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant exam, which makes up 24% of the overall exam. This section of the exam tests these topics.
- Extract and load data into Einstein Analytics
- Dataset creation
- Data replication and refresh
- Data recipes
- Data flow limits
- Einstein Analytics API
This unit provides a number of interactive, real-world, scenario-based questions that are a lot like the ones you can encounter as a Salesforce Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant. Looking at these scenarios helps prepare you to take the Data Layer section of the Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant exam. As you tackle the practice questions, you get immediate feedback on your answers, along with detailed information on why your answers are correct (or incorrect).
The unit also contains interactive flashcards centered around study topics that help you prepare for the Data Layer section of the exam.
Ready to jump in? The sample tool below is not scored—it's just an easy way to quiz yourself. To use it, read the scenario, then click on the answer you think is correct. Some questions may have more than one correct answer. Click Submit to learn whether the answer you chose is correct or incorrect, and why. If there’s a longer explanation, click and then click anywhere in the window to close it. When you reach the end, you can review the answers or retake the questions.
Did you get a scenario wrong? Check out the table below for related study material.
||Learn how to bring in data from multiple Salesforce organizations by reviewing
Sync Local and External Data with Analytics Connectors.
||Study up on how to
Create a Dataset with External Data and reviewing
Date Handling in Datasets to learn how to Analytics loads data into datasets.
Transformations for Data Prep Recipes to learn how to combine data from multiple datasets and apply transformations.
||Describe how data sync optimizes your data flow by reviewing
Optimize Your Dataflows with Data Sync.
Use these interactive flashcards to brush up on some of the key topics you’ll find on the Data Layer of the exam. Read the question or term on each card, then click the card to reveal the correct answer. Click the right-facing arrow to move to the next card, and the left-facing arrow to return to the previous card.
Did you get a flashcard wrong? Check out the table below for related study material.
||Refresh your knowledge on dataflow limits by reviewing
Einstein Analytics Limits.
||Discover how to combine rows of multiple datasets into one dataset by learning about
Analytics REST API Overview to learn all the ways to use this API.
||Discover how to use transformations by reading
Transformations for Analytics Dataflows.
Looking for more information? Explore these related badges and resources.
- Salesforce Help: Bring Data into Analytics
- Salesforce Help: Verify the Incremental Sync Settings for Salesforce Data
- Salesforce Help: Manage Datasets
- Salesforce Help: Integrate Your Data in Einstein Analytics
- Salesforce Release Notes: Create and Run More Dataflows, and Track Usage with the Flow Indicator
- Salesforce Release Notes: Avoid Data Drift with Periodic Full Sync
- Salesforce Developer Guide: Analytics External Data API Developer Guide