Security Awareness Specialist
Typically requires 3 to 5 years of experience in information security.
A security awareness specialist develops learning and awareness programs to cultivate a culture of cybersecurity within an organization. They educate company personnel and contractors on security threats and how to defend against them. Daily responsibilities of a security awareness specialist include:
- Championing security by developing and delivering training and awareness programs.
- Providing simple, practical and up-to-date cybersecurity information.
- Empowering people to embed security by design into how they perform their jobs.
- Working closely with technology, audit, legal, and other business units to understand security challenges and tailor training to meet business and compliance requirements.
- Incorporating feedback from incidents into updated training and awareness programs.
Start the Path to Become a Security Awareness Specialist
Top skills requested
The technical and specialized skills most frequently requested by employers for this role.
- Information security
- Project management
- Information systems
- Corporate communications
- Technical writing
- Instructional design
- Program management
GENERAL BUSINESS SKILLS
The business skills most frequently requested by employers for this role.
Note: Percentages refer to the rate at which this skill appears in job postings