Customize the Home Page
The home page is what your users see first after logging in. This page can be customized to highlight information specific to the user. Easy access to pertinent information = increased efficiency. We customize the home page through the use of the Lightning App Builder.
- From Setup, enter
Lightning Appin the Quick Find box and select Lightning App Builder.
- Click New.
- Select Home Page, then Next.
- Assign the label
Support Home Page, then click Next.
- Click the Standard Home Page template.
- Click Finish.
Display the five most recent cases.
- Drag the Recent Items component to the top-left column and customize the properties.
- For Label, enter
- Click Select.
- Drag Case to the right column, and remove Account by dragging it to the left column.
- Click OK.
- For Number of Records to Display, enter
Show Chatter posts where the support rep is @mentioned.
- Drag the Chatter Feed component to the top-right column and customize the properties.
- For Feed Type, select To Me.
Show today’s tasks and upcoming events.
- Drag the Today’s Tasks component to the middle column below Recent Cases.
- Drag the Today’s Events component to the left column below Recent Cases.
Display a link to the Salesforce trust site.
- Drag the Rich Text component into the Today’s Tasks box. A text entry field should appear below the box.
- In the text entry field, enter
To view the Salesforce Trust website click here.
- Highlight the text "click here." Select the Link button.
- For URL, enter
- Click Save, then Activate.
- Click App and Profile.
- Choose any App from the list, Click Next.
- Select to Assign this Home Page to specific profiles.
- Click Next.
- From the Profile column, select Custom: Support Profile and System Administrator.
- Click Next.
- Select Activate.
- Click the Back button in the top right corner to leave the Lightning App Builder.
Your users with the support profile assigned now have a personalized home page. Now you see that a request has been sent your direction by the VP of Sales. Sales reps need quick access to industry-specific accounts. Let’s address this request and create a custom account list view to meet their needs.