Import Sample Account Data
In this project, you’ll:
- Import data into a new Trailhead Playground.
- Install the Tableau Viz Lightning web component.
- Embed and customize Tableau views on the Home and Account pages.
- Apply advanced filtering to highlight record data.
Get to Know Tableau
Tableau is a visual analytics platform that helps people see and understand their data. Tableau supports the full cycle of self-service analytics from data prep to analysis to sharing. It has governance and data management every step of the way.
Turn your data into interactive dashboards that you can share securely on Tableau Cloud or Tableau Server. For more information, feel free to tour the Tableau environment.
Embed Your Analytics with the Tableau Viz Lightning Web Component
The Tableau Viz Lightning web component is an easy and quick way to embed Tableau visualizations into Salesforce. With a few clicks, you can add the power of Tableau to your Salesforce org. Using the Tableau Viz Lightning web component, you can embed interactive dashboards from Tableau Cloud, Tableau Server, and Tableau Public.
Now, let’s start this project.
Create a New Trailhead Playground
For this project, you need to create a new Trailhead Playground. Scroll to the bottom of this page, click the playground name, then click Create Playground. It typically takes 3–4 minutes to create a new Trailhead Playground.
Download and Import the Sample Data
It’s time to import sample data that will be shared with the Tableau visualization that you integrate in this project. The sample data enables you to filter the Tableau view based on the Salesforce record where the view appears, or on common fields shared between the data and Salesforce.
- Download this CSV file.
- In your Trailhead Playground, click and select Setup.
- In the Quick Find box, enter
data import wizardand select Data Import Wizard.
- Click Launch Wizard! You may need to scroll down to find the button.
- Choose the data that you want to import.
- Under What kind of data are you importing?, choose Accounts and Contacts.
- Under What do you want to do?, choose Add new records.
- Under Where is your data located?, click CSV and select the file you just downloaded, or drag it to Drag CSV file here to upload.
- Click Next, then Next.
- On Review & Start Import, you should see that four fields will be mapped.
- Then, click Start Import.
You receive a Congratulations popup. Click OK. You then receive a status email when the import is completed. Since the data file was relatively small, the import should complete right away.
Verify That the Data Was Imported
- From the App Launcher (), find and select Accounts.
- In the account list view, select All Accounts.
- Click the Account Name: Tableau.
Great job! Next, you install the Tableau Viz Lightning web component.