Create an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Account
In this project, you’ll:
- Create an AWS account.
- Set up an Amazon Connect instance.
- Install the Amazon Connect CTI Adapter in your Trailhead Playground.
- Set up and test a Salesforce Call Center.
Amazon Connect is a cloud-based service made to simplify your contact center needs. With Amazon Connect, companies can improve their customer service experience at a lower cost while being able to scale with business needs. The Amazon Connect CTI connector brings the power of Amazon Connect to Salesforce Service Cloud. In this project, you learn how to quickly and easily create and manage a call center experience with Salesforce and AWS.
Cloud computing is rapidly becoming the new normal—primarily for reasons of cost, security, and scalability. If you’re new to cloud computing, specifically with AWS, there’s no better time to start than right now. Your AWS account is a gateway to endless cloud-learning possibilities.
If you already have an AWS account, scroll to the bottom of this page and click Verify Step (login required). If you don’t have an account, you need the following to set one up.
- Credit card (NOTE: Amazon Connect provides a free tier, which includes 30 minutes outbound, 30 minutes inbound, and 30 minutes toll-free activity per month free of charge. Additional usage will incur standard fees for Amazon Connect.)
- Phone, to confirm your account signup
- Visit https://aws.amazon.com/.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create an AWS Account.
3. Complete the form and click Continue.
4. Select Personal and fill in your contact information.
5. Click Create Account and Continue.
6. Next, enter your payment information. Reminder, Amazon Connect provides a free tier, which includes 30 minutes outbound, 30 minutes inbound, and 30 minutes toll-free activity per month free of charge. Additional usage will incur
standard fees for Amazon Connect.
7. Click Secure Submit.
1. Enter your phone number and the security check characters, then click Call Me Now. The Identity Verification screen displays a PIN.
2. When you receive a phone call from AWS, enter the PIN.
3. Click Continue to select your Support Plan.
4. Leave the default selection and click Continue.
5. Wait a couple of minutes for account creation to complete on the back end, then click Sign in to the Console.
6. If prompted, enter your email address and password.
The AWS Console has an intuitive and easy-to-use design. Key features include:
- AWS services search
- List of recently visited services
- Wizards and automated workflows
- Tutorials and step-by-step instructions
Expand the All services section to see a list of all AWS services. Service categories include:
- Networking and Content Delivery
Many services provide setup instructions and recommendations. Amazon Connect is one of those services. We focus on it in the next step.
We won’t check any of your setup. Click Verify Step to proceed to the next step in the project.