- Locate Setup and identify its key elements.
- Identify important menus for customizing your org.
- Use Quick Find to access menu items.
Earlier, we mentioned that you’ll spend a lot of time in Setup during your time as a Salesforce administrator. And we weren’t kidding. Setup is your one-stop-shop for customizing, configuring, and supporting your org.
Since there’s so much you can do in the Setup area, it’s important to get comfortable with navigating it. There are a few ways to approach it. As you learn what’s available to you, you’ll get more comfortable finding the things you need.
You can get to Setup from any page in your Salesforce org. From the gear menu at the top of the screen (), click Setup. Let’s get familiar with the Setup area.
- Object Manager: Object Manager is where you can view and customize standard and custom objects in your org.
- Setup Menu: The menu gives you quick links to a collection of pages that let you do everything from managing your users to modifying security settings.
- Main Window: We’re showing you the Setup home page, but this is where you can see whatever it is you’re trying to work on.
The Setup Menu is the trickiest piece to navigate because there are so many different pages you can access. There are two ways to get where you want to go. If you already have an idea where to look, expand the appropriate menu and select the page you want. If you aren’t sure where to look, use the Quick Find box to search. Lets say you wanted to manage your user permission sets. If you happen to know that permission sets are in the Users menu under Administration, just open that menu and click Permission Sets. Otherwise enter Permission Sets in the Quick Find box.