Import Records to Sales Cloud
- Import comments, calls, and meetings.
- Explain what it means to enable Einstein Activity Capture.
- Set up a sales process.
- Customize a sales process.
Patsy's got her Sales Cloud instance full of data from SalesforceIQ CRM and almost ready to use. So what now? In this module we'll walk through how Patsy imports manually logged activities, connects her email, sets up a Sales Cloud org, and takes her learning to the next level with Salesforce’s resources.
Find Data Loader in Your Sales Cloud Setup
- Click Setup | Setup Home.
- In the Quick Find box, enter “Data Loader” then click Data Loader.
- Choose the appropriate version for your computer.
- Save the file.
- Find the downloaded file and double click on it.
- Go through the prompts until the installation is complete.
Now that she’s added her comments, calls, and meetings to her accounts, contacts, and opportunities she’s well on her way to being fully migrated to Sales Cloud.
Connect Your Email with Einstein Activity Capture
The next step in setting up your org is connecting your email with Einstein Activity Capture. Once enabled, this feature tells Sales Cloud to automatically log emails and associate them with the right Salesforce record—no manual logging necessary. Thanks to Einstein, Patsy and her team will have hours more time to spend making peanut butter hand pies.
Customize your Sales Stages
- Key fields that reps fill in during the sales process
- Best practices for closing the deal
- Words of encouragement to keep the team on track
- Just-in-time advice potential gotchas
When determining which stages she’ll use, Patsy brings together some of her key team members to map out a sales process. Then she determines which of the standard stage names to use and whether to add custom stages like, “Send Samples” to make it personalized for her business.
Let’s take a look at how to set up a path for Leads in Sales Cloud.
Set Up a Path
- From Setup, enter Path in the Quick Find box, then click Path Settings.
- Enable path.
- Next, create a path.
- Enter Online Orders In the Path Name field.
- When you tab to the next field, API Reference Name populates automatically with underscores instead of spaces.
- Leave that as is.
- For Object, select Lead.
- For Record Type, select the one specific to her bakery sales. In this case, use Master. Click Next.
- For each stage, add the key fields unique to that stage. Then, add guidance for
success. This can include best practices, words of encouragement, or other guidance for
your sales team.
- After you’ve populated all the stages, click Next, then click Save and Publish Later. That way, you can go back to the path with your team’s feedback to make sure everyone’s aligned.