Discover Salesforce Customer 360
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what Salesforce does.
- Describe Salesforce Customer 360.
- Explain why Customer 360 is our greatest differentiator.
What Is Salesforce Customer 360?
Before we can answer that question, let’s start with the basics: What does Salesforce do?
You may be familiar with Salesforce and at least some of what we do, but you may not understand the full breadth of Salesforce capabilities and its benefits to our customers.
In a nutshell, Salesforce helps you connect with your customers in a whole new way with AI (artificial intelligence), data, and CRM (customer relationship management) as the world’s #1 AI CRM.
So how do we do that?
Customer expectations have never been higher. To keep up, all your employees need to work smarter and faster to create amazing customer experiences. With Salesforce Customer 360, our entire portfolio of products and services, every employee has the apps, data, and trusted AI they need to exceed expectations and make customers happier. That’s why we’re a partner to the world’s most trusted brands.
We bring the power of trusted AI to businesses everywhere with Salesforce Customer 360.
When it comes to AI, it’s all about trust. And the truth is, according to a 2023 Gartner CEO and Senior Business Executive Survey, 59% of customers don’t trust companies with their data. And that’s a challenge, because data is the foundation of AI. Companies have to maintain customer trust. In addition to hallucinations, bias, and toxicity which can emerge with generative AI, this powerful technology has the potential to introduce risks and concerns with customer data.
At Salesforce, we’ve been in the AI business for nearly a decade. To bring AI to you, we’ve invested in world-class talent—researchers, data scientists, and data engineers—and to date have 227 AI research papers published and 300 AI patents. Since our inception as a company, trust has been our #1 value. We act with transparency and lead with our ethics when innovating for our customers.
And Salesforce Einstein, our native AI that’s built into all of our CRM applications, is no different. Trust is built into its core, ensuring that your first-party customer data remains within our secure platform. And as the technology has advanced, so have the capabilities we offer our customers. Today, we’re proud to offer you access to trusted generative AI, which is now built into Einstein.
You might be asking: What does AI have to do with my team’s productivity and my customers’ happiness? We like to say that with the power of Customer 360 and Einstein everyone on your team can become an Einstein. Because it’s more than trusted AI—it’s AI, connected data, and CRM working together to help your teams increase their productivity and do amazing things. Let’s take a look at the key advantages of Salesforce Customer 360.
Einstein helps your business harness predictive insights and recommendations to work smarter and faster for their customers. And as the world’s first generative AI for CRM, you now have an AI sidekick that helps you auto-generate sales tasks, dynamically create customer-specific content, or even write code.
What’s powering these incredible AI experiences is your customer data. With MuleSoft, your company can integrate data from multiple sources. Data Cloud connects and harmonizes your customer data to create a unified view of your customers and business. Then, use Tableau, the #1 data visualization platform, to get insights on real-time customer data to drive intelligent actions and deliver at-scale personalized experiences.
Powered by generative AI, our world-class CRM applications for sales, service, marketing, commerce, and IT teams maximize employee productivity and performance. Your employees just ask for help—no special training required. All of the content generated by Einstein takes into account prior outcomes across your business, so performance just keeps going up and to the right.
When you invest in Salesforce, we deliver more than technology. Salesforce Customer Success gives you access to resources and expertise from the world’s most extensive success ecosystem. And with certified experts and purpose-built apps, we help you implement the right solutions that drive your success.
So now when someone asks you, “Hey, do you know what Salesforce does?” you’re prepared to say, (or maybe even sing): Salesforce Customer 360 helps companies use AI, data, and CRM to help every employee work smarter and faster to enhance customer experiences across every touchpoint. It all happens with the world’s #1 AI CRM.
Offer a 360-Degree Customer Experience
Salesforce Customer 360 can help you better engage your customers across your departments by connecting and centralizing customer data from marketing to sales to service, and everything in between. And then enabling employees to use this data with powerful AI to meaningfully engage with customers. Take a look at how AI + Data + CRM come together in this two-minute video!
Here are ways each department benefits from shared customer insight and the right tools.
- Sales: Arm your sales organization with the tools and data they need to develop and implement a precise, repeatable sales process, so your sales reps spend less time doing data entry and more time thoughtfully connecting with customers.
- Customer Service: Deliver consistent, personalized support experiences across every interaction—from the contact center to the field—and from chatbots to AI-generated service replies that help your agents be more efficient.
- Marketing: Improve lead generation, customer acquisition, and upselling opportunities using AI to dynamically generate personalized content across email, mobile, web, and advertising.
- Commerce: Build simple, seamless digital commerce experiences that help grow revenue, exceed customers’ expectations, and connect commerce to the rest of your business.
- IT: Build modern apps to meet every employee, partner, and customer need. Improve developer productivity with Salesforce Research’s proprietary large language model by using an AI chat assistant to generate code and ask questions for languages like Apex.
- All Teams: Enable cross-collaboration and information sharing between customers, teams, and partners to boost productivity and help everyone focus on actions that accelerate your success.
With Salesforce Customer 360, you can easily tailor all the capabilities of our trusted platform—from AI and analytics to integration and training your workforce—to meet your specific company and industry needs.
Check out the next unit to see Salesforce Customer 360 in action with a fully connected customer experience!