Learn About the Power of Us
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the Power of Us Program and how it helps eligible nonprofits and educational institutions.
- Apply to the Power of Us Program.
- Take the next step after you’re approved for the Power of Us Program.
Meet the Power of Us Program
When we work together, we’re much more powerful.
That’s the idea behind the Salesforce Power of Us Program. We believe organizations working to improve the world can do more with great technology.
The Power of Us Program helps eligible nonprofit organizations and educational institutions get started with Salesforce. It provides them with access to technology and apps specially designed to help them operate more efficiently and build more meaningful relationships with the people they serve.
In this module, we cover how to apply to the Power of Us Program and how to grow your skills when you’re accepted.
Learn If Salesforce Is Right for Your Organization
To determine if Salesforce is a good solution for your nonprofit or educational institution, start by reviewing product pages on the Salesforce.org website.
Then, before you apply, ask yourself a few important questions:
- Do you have a vision and plan for how you’ll use Salesforce?
- Do you have strong executive support?
- Do you have the skill and resources to set up Salesforce?
- Do you have someone on staff who can be your Salesforce admin? How will you fill that role?
If not, consider why you’re applying and make a plan to gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make the most of Salesforce.
Apply for the Power of Us Program
When you’re sure Salesforce is right for your organization, gather the information you need to apply. In the US, you need your IRS Tax ID number and documentation that verifies your organization is eligible. Check out the Power of Us Program link in Resources for details and eligibility outside the US.
Then it’s time to apply! Log in to the Power of Us Portal and submit your application. Approval can take up to 2 weeks.
Unlock Power of Us Program Benefits
When you’re approved, you get access to the Power of Us Portal, your central location to find the products and services included in the Power of Us Program.
To add additional products or services, contact your Salesforce account executive. You can find your account executive using the Your Account link in Resources.
Take the Next Step
When you’re ready to implement Salesforce you don’t have to do it all by yourself. Salesforce is a powerful platform and you might need some help setting it up for your organization, so we recommend you work with an experienced and credentialed consulting partner if possible. Find your perfect partner through the Further Your Mission with Salesforce.org Partners link in Resources.
Continue to grow your Salesforce skills during and after implementation using these helpful resources.
- To start, click the Learning Paths icon () in Salesforce for guidance on where to begin. You can also check out the always-on resources in Help and Trailhead.
- Join the Salesforce.org Hub in the Trailblazer community to connect with other users at organizations like yours.
- Learn how to make the most of the Standard Success Plan included with Salesforce, and consider upgrading to the Premier Success Plan for more specialized guidance and expert insights.
This badge is just the very beginning. Move ahead on your Salesforce journey with the Power of Us Program, your bridge to Salesforce solutions to power your purpose.