Get the Most Out of Marketing Cloud
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how Marketing Cloud will help you define your digital marketing strategy.
- Summarize two ways to work with the Marketing Cloud Service team experts to make the most of Marketing Cloud.
We all know that technology alone can’t solve all your business problems. A new technology can only take you partway to your goals without the right implementation plan, business strategy, or appropriate partners. Your platform can only get you so far. As a marketer in a multichannel world, your digital marketing strategy plays a central role.
Start by assessing your current strategy. Is it closely aligned to your business objectives? Are you collecting the right data about your consumers, and are you reaching the right people? If you’re focused on driving customer loyalty, are you able to measure success?
If you answered no to any of the above—or said, “What digital marketing strategy?”—it’s time to revisit your plan. As you start to define or update your strategy, consider how Marketing Cloud can empower you to:
Know your consumer better than ever before.
- Unify first-party marketing data and augment it with other second- and third-party data sources.
- Create a unified view of consumers across all business units (for example, marketing, customer service, commerce, and sales).
- Track customer interactions on your website.
- Monitor your brand on social media.
- Determine your most loyal and most at-risk customers.
- Discover new audiences.
- Optimize resource allocations by determining which consumers are most likely to engage with a particular offer.
Personalize every interaction.
- Automate and segment marketing messages at scale.
- Align marketing voice, messaging, and campaigns across your entire business.
- Predict the best outcome for your consumer.
- Make targeted content recommendations.
- Reengage consumers who abandon an online shopping cart.
- Deliver unique experiences for each individual.
- Manage all your marketing interactions with consumers in one place.
Engage consumers wherever they are.
- Make a strong connection with consumers, starting from their first interaction with your brand.
- Interact with consumers in real time.
- Ensure you’re reaching your consumers on the channel they prefer.
- Be prepared when a customer tweets negative comments about your product or service.
- Engage your customers with mobile messaging.
Now check out these five digital marketing strategy tips.
Tip 1: Put Yourself in Your Consumers’ Shoes for Every Interaction
- Identify how your prospects and consumers interact with your brand.
- Take note of the advertising, website, and marketing messaging, content, calls to action, process steps, data inputs, and duration between communications.
- Uncover challenges your consumers can face when interacting with your brand.
Tip 2: Inventory Your Existing Data Assets and Technologies
- Identify the technology platforms (CRM, master data management, ad serving, and so on) you already have in place. How do they impact your consumer? How do they impact your consumer’s experiences and interactions with your company?
- Identify which systems store personal identifiable information (PII)–for example, customer ID, email—and which don’t.
- Record the unique identifiers that exist in each technology. And use all this information to create data extensions and your data model in Marketing Cloud.
- Be sure to consider GDPR: Consult with your technology and data teams to determine how GDPR impacts your strategy.
Tip 3: Prioritize Your Business and Customer Use Cases
- Determine the level of effort, business impact, and consumer impact for each of your consumers’ challenges. Use a grading score of 1–5 to help rate the challenges.
- Identify quick marketing wins based on the scores.
- Identify any technology overlap and technology gaps.
Tip 4: Determine Your Success Criteria
- Assign key performance criteria to each consumer challenge. For example, clicks, opens, conversion, likes, shares, cost-per-acquisition, and cost-per-conversion.
- Use and track your progress with SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely) objectives.
Tip 5: Create a Single View of the Customer
- Identify technology platforms that you can connect to maximize use of customer data. For example, connect your commerce platform to Marketing Cloud to deliver the right offer at the right time and increase conversions and order value.
- Document the complete 360-degree view of your customer based on all the first-, second-, and third-party data you collect across platforms.
Finding the right partner is key to making the most of Marketing Cloud. You can think of Marketing Cloud Services as an external part of your marketing team. Here are a few ways you can count on them to help you with implementing and managing Marketing Cloud.
We’ve Got Your (Implementation) Back
Implementing a new system can be a daunting task, but Marketing Cloud experts partner with your marketing team to get your system running the way you need. The Marketing Cloud Services team works closely with you and your tech experts during the entire process. Involve your IT department and key stakeholders early in the process so you can get a clear picture of everything that is required to happen for a successful and smooth implementation. You know your customers, we know marketing, and together we can find a solution that’s perfect for you.
Clean and Migrate Your Data
You collect a lot of data about your customers, and sometimes that data needs a little housecleaning. Marketing Cloud experts partner with your tech experts on the best way to clean and organize your data before you implement Marketing Cloud. It’s not just about clean data, but also the right data. Are you collecting the right data to impact your customers’ experience with your brand? We have experts who can help you identify the right data to collect, and then make that data available in Marketing Cloud.
We’re Here Just for You
Your partnership with Marketing Cloud Services doesn’t end after implementation. We work to understand your business goals and help you achieve them, even when your business goals change. We can help you improve adoption, deployment times, reporting and analytics, automation rates, or whatever your business needs to engage your customers. We can provide mission critical support and strategic guidance that helps you execute your vision. You’re not alone in this adventure, marketing is what we do.