Change the Default Time Zones
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Outline the purpose of changing the default time zone.
- Change the default time zone for a customer.
Get the Timing Right
Paramita Roy Chakraborty, a long-time customer of Cumulus Bank, flew to Amsterdam recently from San Francisco to be with her girlfriend. Since Paramita is staying in Amsterdam for the time being, she is scheduling all her bank appointments there. She needs to have her default time zone switched to a Europe-friendly one for a hassle-free appointment booking experience.
There are two ways to do this. Paramita can change it herself, or Matt can change it on her behalf. Let’s take a look at both options.
Here’s what Paramita can do.
- From the home page, click the user icon on the top-right.
- Click My Settings.
- Under Location, in the Time Zone field dropdown, select the desired time zone. Paramita selects (GMT +2:00) Central European Summer Time (Europe/Amsterdam).
- Click Save.
Here's how Matt can change her time zone via Setup.
- Go to Setup.
usersin the Quick Find box.
- Select Users.
- On the All Users page, click Edit next to the user whose time zone you want to change.
- Under Locale Settings, select the desired time zone from the Time Zone field dropdown. Matt selects (GMT +2:00) Central European Summer Time (Europe/Amsterdam).
- Click Save.
With the change done, Paramita can schedule bank appointments without worrying about messing up the time zones!