Track Referral Activity and Your Top Referrers
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Customize the home page to see the referral information that you need.
- Identify top referrers.
- Track referral activity with reports and dashboards.
Customize the Home Page
The home page for Financial Services Cloud is where your advisors and retail bankers go to plan their day. Everything they need is right there—information about referrals, performance, a list of tasks, a calendar. It’s also easy to customize to meet the specific needs of your users.
Matt talks to his advisors to see how the default home page works for them. They tell him that they communicate with clients every day about their financial needs and goals. Often, they refer the clients to colleagues who can help them. The default home page works well for them, and they are happy to see their referral information there. Ditto for the retail bankers.
When Matt talks to the personal bankers, they aren’t so happy. Instead of receiving referrals, they create them. They’re most interested in their day-to-day tasks. The information on referrals in their current home page isn’t useful to them.
Matt gets to work customizing the personal bankers’ home page.
- Click and select Setup.
- In the Quick Find box, enter Lightning and select Lightning App Builder.
- Click Clone next to Banking Home page.
- Change the Label field on the right to Personal Banker Home Page.
- Remove the Referral Performance component by hovering over it and clicking the delete icon .
- Repeat for both of the Referrals Assigned to Me components.
- Repeat for the My Top Referrers component.
- Click Save.
- In the Page Saved dialog, click Activate.
- Select App and Profile, click Assign to Apps and Profiles, and under Lightning Apps, select Wealth Management.
- Select the Personal Banker profile and click Next.
- Review your changes and click Save.
The personal bankers see these changes and send Matt their delighted responses.
Identify Top Referrers
Your top referrers are a key part of your business. A referrer is someone who creates a referral, and your top referrers are the ones who create the referrals that are most likely to convert. According to a Wharton study, once they’re converted, referred customers are 18% more likely to stay with your business than other customers.
So how do you find these champions? Look no further than your home page. It lists your Top Referrers. Rachel Adams is the top external referrer in your Financial Services Cloud trial org.
To find out more about Rachel Adams’s referrals, click her name and click Referrals to move to the Referrals View.
The Referrals view shows details about the number of referrals, the number converted and rejected, the conversion rate, and a list of people referred.
To keep your top referrers happy, consider creating an incentives program to reward them with financial or other incentives. The important thing is to make sure that they know how valuable they are to you and your business.
Track Referral Activity
Jackie, the mortgage manager at Cumulus Bank, is excited to see the rise in her department’s close rate. Matt’s new referral system gets the credit. And she wants to know everything about it. So she heads over to Matt’s office.
Matt listens to Jackie describe her needs. She wants details about the referrals—where they come from, how many of them close, and so much more.
Matt shows her some built-in dashboards.
- From the home page, click More in the menu bar and select Dashboards.
- Click All Dashboards.
- Click Referral Performance by User.
It’s a good start. Jackie is happy to see all the information she needs in one place.
That’s sorted out, so she asks about reports. Matt pops over to the Reports view.
- From the home page, click More in the menu bar and select Reports.
- Click All Folders.
- Click Referral Performance. Jackie is looking forward to studying the reports for Average Duration to Convert My Referrals and Conversion Percentage of Referrals made. If she can’t find the report she needs, she learns how to create more. Delighted, she heads back to her office. Matt knows how to track referrals and referrers from the home page, the client page, dashboards, and reports. Now he’s ready to make intelligent need-based referrals work for Cumulus Bank.
- Salesforce Help: Set Up the Lightning Experience Home Page
- Salesforce Help: Reports and Dashboards
- Salesforce Help: Build a Lightning Experience Dashboard
- Salesforce Help: Creating a Custom Report
Copyright Rights of ALBERT EINSTEIN are used with permission of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Represented exclusively by Greenlight.