Get Acquainted with Actionable Analytics
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe why analytics habits are important.
- Create analytics habits to help you become a successful Salesforce admin.
- Establish a communication plan based on actionable analytics.
- Build a calendar of your actionable analytics habits that can help you become a successful Salesforce admin.
Learn Actionable Analytics Habits
The quiz at the end of this unit asks questions related to the content of this video. Be sure to watch the video so you get the information you need to answer the scenario-based questions.
- 0:40 - Introduction to Actionable Analytics
- 2:44 - Habit: Conduct Quarterly Business Review
- 5:20 - Habit: Confirm and Update KPIs
- 6:56 - Habit: Review and Update Key Reports and Dashboards
- 9:48 - Build Your Actionable Analytics Habits Calendar
- Admin Website: Analytics Resources
- Explore further if you… want to visualize your data and drive insights using tools like Einstein Analytics, Reports and Dashboards, and Tableau.
- Trailhead: Get Started as a Salesforce Business Analyst
- Explore further if you… feel a little intimidated by discussing KPI’s.
- Trailhead: Reports & Dashboards for Lightning Experience
- Explore further if you… use report builder for analytics and want to improve your skills.
- Trailhead: Create Reports and Dashboards for Sales and Marketing Managers
- Explore further if you… use report builder for analytics and want to review what sales and marketing personas may need.
- PDF: Create Your Own Habits Kit
- Explore further if you… are ready to build your own personalized admin habits calendar!
Elliot just wrapped up his Quarterly Business Review with Moira, SVP of Customer Experience at Get Cloudy Consulting. During their meeting Moira showed Elliot the outline for a new tier of customer service that their sales reps would be offering starting next year.
In addition to the new tier of service, Moira also wants to roll out a directive that her sales meetings be centered around a Salesforce Dashboard, but expressed concern that her reps were all seeing different dashboard metrics.
Moira also needs to report back to the board about how Salesforce was being utilized and was open to suggestions from Elliot about what data to show. Moira asks Elliot to think about a Q1 communication plan for these changes, and suggests everything be posted to one webpage on their company intranet.