Delve into Data Management
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe why data management habits are important.
- Create data management habits to help you become a successful Salesforce admin.
- Build a calendar of your data management habits that can help you become a successful Salesforce admin.
Learn Data Management Habits
The quiz at the end of this unit asks questions related to the content of this video. Be sure to watch the video so you get the information you need to answer the scenario-based questions.
- 00:47 - Introduction to Data Management
- 02:05 - Review and Maintain Backup
- 04:19 - Cleanse Data
- 07:43 - Review and Refresh Sandboxes
- 09:32 - Maintain and Improve Your Org
- 12:05 - Maintain and Improve Your Data Dictionary
- 14:31 - Build Your Data Management Habits Calendar
- Trailhead: Export Data Unit
- Explore further if you…need more information on how to export data from Salesforce.
- Salesforce Help: Export Backup Data from Salesforce
- Explore further if you…want step-by-step instructions to configure your weekly export.
Managing Duplicate Data
- Trailhead: Duplicate Management
- Explore further if you… aren’t convinced that duplicate data affects your users, or haven’t worked with duplicate management features in your org.
- Salesforce Help: Customize Duplicate Management
- Explore further if you…want step-by-step instructions to configure duplicate rules and matching rules.
- Salesforce Admins: Build Powerful Reports with Custom Report Types
- Explore further if you… need a refresher on where and how to use custom report types.
- Trailhead: Change Set Development Model
- Explore further if you… aren’t sure where to get started with sandbox environments.
- Trailhead: Salesforce Optimizer
- Explore further if you… think optimizer sounds great but don’t know where to start.
- Salesforce Help: Lightning Page Performance
- Explore further if you… want step-by-step instructions to monitor page performance and load times, or how to reduce load times.
- AppExchange: Admin Tools
- Explore further if you... are looking for data management solutions for admins.
Karl, a new Salesforce admin at Ursa Major Solar, is excited for next week’s project kickoff with a Salesforce partner. This project will integrate Salesforce, the finance data system, and an external ERP. But first, Karl thinks it’s a good idea to review the data in Salesforce and do some data cleanup. As Karl is reviewing an accounts report he notices that there are 15 AW Computing accounts created, and 14 of them have the same address.
Sasha, a coworker who helped the previous Salesforce admin setup Salesforce, popped by Karl’s desk. She’s hoping he can get her out of a bind. With her admin privileges, she accidentally deleted all of the tasks for the sales team and she is hoping Karl can undo that.