Create a Story
- Create an Einstein Analytics dataset and import data into it.
- Use your imported data to create a story.
If you completed the Einstein Discovery Stories module, you already know about Einstein Discovery stories. A story is a collection of graphs, statistical analysis, and text. It helps you understand the relationships between a business-relevant metric (outcome variable) and the explanatory variables that influence that metric. In that module, you learned how to create a story and understand two kinds of insights: What Happened and What is the Difference.
In this module, you learn how diagnostic insights give you a deeper understanding of the complex relationships in your existing data. You identify factors and combinations of factors that have a significant impact on the outcome. Then you see how predictive insights help you make better decisions about future business actions.
To get started, let's upload some data and create a story to work with.
Before you work through this Trailhead module, sign up for a free Analytics-enabled Developer Edition org. This org is a safe environment where you can practice the skills you’re learning.
Signed up? Great! Let's jump right in!
Before we can create the story we use in this module, we need the data to analyze. Download the CSV file called AcquiredAccount.csv and save it to your computer.
The CSV file contains the same data that is used in the Einstein Discovery Stories module. We provide it as a shortcut so you can work through this module without having to finish the previous module first.
The CSV file has 11 columns: Account Id, BillingState, Division, Industry, Ownership, Rating, Type, AccountScore, StartDate, CloseDate, and CLV. The CSV file contains one row of information for each of the 10,000 different companies that our autoparts manufacturing company does business with. Here is what the first few rows of the CSV file look like.
The next step is to get the data from the CSV file into an Einstein Analytics dataset.
- In your new DE Org, switch to Lightning Experience (if you have not already done so).
- Click the App Launcher icon (), search for Analytics Studio, and then click the tile to launch Analytics Studio.
- Click Datasets.
- Click Create and then select Dataset from the dropdown.
- Choose CSV File as the source for your new data.
- In the file-selection window that opens, find and select (or drag and drop) the AcquiredAccount.csv file you downloaded, and then click Next.
- Accept the defaults and click Next.
- Accept the defaults and click Upload File. Einstein Analytics creates a dataset and imports the data from the CSV file.
Now, you’re ready to create a story from this dataset. Begin by telling Einstein Discovery which variable to maximize. In this module, we focus on the CLV variable. If you did the Einstein Discovery Stories module, you are familiar with this variable. Customer lifetime value (CLV) is a metric that predicts the profitability over the entire lifetime of the company’s relationship with a customer. Looking at CLV can help you find the best customers.
To create a story:
- Hover over the dataset, click the down arrow, and click Create Story. Analytics Studio launches the Story Setup wizard.
- In the first screen, for The variable, select CLV as the outcome variable (business metric) that you want to use.
- Accept all other defaults and click Data Options.
- In the Data Options screen, accept all defaults and click Review Settings.
- Click Create Story. When it’s done preparing the story, Einstein
Discovery shows it to you.
Rights of ALBERT EINSTEIN are used with permission of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Represented exclusively by Greenlight.