Enable Forecast Users and Set Up a Forecasts Hierarchy
- List the two ways you can enable a forecast user.
- Explain what the forecasts hierarchy is.
- Set up a role-based forecasts hierarchy.
Enable Collaborative Forecasts Users
Lauren is getting closer to having Collaborative Forecasts set up for her team. But she still needs to enable individual forecast users within each profile. Why? By enabling individual users, she retains control over access to forecasts even though multiple groups might be using the same profile.
For example, accounts payable clerks and sales managers are both assigned to the Standard User profile, but at Rollings Tech, the accounts payable clerks don’t need access to forecasts.
You can enable forecast users on the All Users page or the Forecasts Hierarchy page. When you enable users, they’re added to your forecasts hierarchy.
Lauren wants to enable Beverly Shaw on the All Users page.
- From Setup, enter Users in the Quick Find box and select Users.
- Click Edit next to Beverly Shaw. (If you're following along in your Trailhead Playground, you won't see Nigel's users listed.)
Under General Information, select Allow Forecasting and click
Set Up Your Forecasts Hierarchy
The forecasts hierarchy is a nested, expandable list of forecast users. It determines how forecasts roll up within your company and who can view and adjust them. Your company’s role hierarchy determines your role-based forecasts hierarchy. If you use Enterprise Territory Management, your territory hierarchy determines your territory-based forecasts hierarchy. Then you specify which users are forecast managers in each.
- One in the role Vice President, Sales
- Two in the role Sales Manager, both reporting to the Vice President, Sales
Lauren starts by adding a user, Henry Paul, via the role-based forecasts hierarchy.
- From Setup, enter Forecasts Hierarchy in the Quick Find box and select Forecasts Hierarchy.
- Click Expand All to see the available roles. Each level of the hierarchy has an Enable Users link at the end.
Click the Enable Users link on the Director of Channel Sales level,
select Henry’s name, and then click Add. (Your Trailhead Playground
doesn’t include users to add, but of course, your own org would.)
Henry’s now enabled as a forecast user. Next let’s enable a forecast manager: Nigel Roberts.
On the Forecasts Hierarchy page, click Edit Manager next to VP of
Sales, and select Nigel’s name from the Forecast Manager picklist. (Remember, your Trailhead
Playground doesn’t have any forecast users enabled, so you won’t see the Edit Manager link or
the Forecasts Manager Assignment page that appears next.)
- Click Save.