Maintain Your B2B Solution Architect Certification for Summer ’22
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Create a B2B store on an existing Experience Cloud site.
- Modernize the B2B Commerce order experience with Salesforce Order Management.
- Maintain customer trust during an outage with service-level agreements.
- Orchestrate multiuser processes with Flow Orchestration.
- Build process automation with MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce.
- Use more properties to customize Search Input and Search Bar components.
If you hold the B2B Solution Architect credential, keep in mind that you need to complete this module by the due date to maintain your certification. Another important part of maintaining your credential is ensuring your Trailhead and Webassessor accounts are linked.
Interested in learning more about getting certified? Check out the B2B Solution Architect credential.
Protect the Integrity of Your Certification
The quality of our certification exams and the value our credentials provide are our highest priority. Protecting the security and confidentiality of our exams is essential to providing our customers with credentials that are respected and industry-leading.
As a participant of the Salesforce Certification Program, you’re required to accept the terms of the Salesforce Credential and Certification Program Agreement. Please review the Salesforce certification exam-taking policies in the Salesforce Credential and Certification Program Agreement and Code of Conduct Trailhead Help article for more details.
Salesforce introduced a ton of great feature enhancements over the past year. Let’s take a look at some of the more important ones for this release.
Create a B2B Store on an Existing Experience Cloud Site
You don’t have to create a store on a new site. You can reuse domain and site settings, branding, and styling to present an integrated experience to your users. When you add a store, the existing site template, pages, components, and navigation stay the same, but you can add commerce pages and components. You can create a store on any site that doesn’t already have a store, that’s using the Aura framework, and that’s using either the Customer Portal template (CPT), Starter template, or B2B template.
Where: This change applies to B2B Commerce for Lightning Experience in Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
How: From the Stores page, click Create a Store on an Existing Site, and follow the instructions to select your site and add the B2B store.
Modernize the B2B Commerce Order Experience with Salesforce Order Management
Modernize the entire B2B Commerce order lifecycle, from purchase through fulfillment and order servicing, by implementing Salesforce Order Management. Manage orders from any channel, and create integrated buying experiences across channels by centralizing order, inventory, product, and customer data. Streamline order servicing with a self-service storefront for shipment tracking, invoice management, cancellations, and returns.
Order Management moves an order through these stages.
- Capture—The customer places an order on your storefront. Order details are submitted to Order Management. Payment for order items is authorized.
- Fulfillment—The order is assigned to a fulfillment location where order items are readied for shipping.
- Delivery—The order is transferred to a shipping carrier for delivery. Payment for the items is captured.
- Service—Service agents respond to service requests and process cancellations, returns, exchanges, reshipments, refunds, and discounts.
As an order moves through these stages in the Order Management app, all activity associated with the order is reflected in the order summary record. You manage an order throughout the order lifecycle by using the order summary record and the tools provided in the Order Management Console.
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience in Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
Who: Salesforce Order Management is available to B2B Commerce users with a Salesforce Order Management license.
Maintain Customer Trust During an Outage with Service-Level Agreements
Keep your customers in the loop and maintain service-level agreements (SLAs) with entitlements and milestones for incidents. Now you can set up an entitlement process for an incident to let agents know when to reach out to affected customers with updates and when violations occur.
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience in Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer editions in Service Cloud.
How: Enable entitlements for incidents to help support agents deliver the correct service level to your customers. Set up entitlement processes to create a customized timeline that includes all the steps (milestones) that support agents must complete to resolve an incident.
Orchestrate Multiuser Processes with Flow Orchestration
Combine your automated processes in a single interface with Flow Orchestration. Use Flow Orchestration’s no-code approach to create orchestrations and transform flows into steps organized by stages. Benefits of Flow Orchestration include more flexibility to create approval processes, better ability to assign work to any Salesforce user, and more control over record lifecycles. Use Flow Orchestration to automate complex processes, and use Flow Trigger Explorer to order record-triggered flows.
Where: This change applies to Lightning Experience in Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
How: From the Flows page in Setup, click New Flow. In New Flow, click All + Templates and select Flow Orchestration. Select either Autolaunched Orchestration (No Trigger) or Record-Triggered Orchestrations, and click Next.
Add stages to your orchestration, and then add steps to your stages. Use Decision elements, stage exit conditions, and step entry and exit conditions to determine how your orchestration runs.
Build Process Automation with MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce
MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce (Composer) makes it easy for you to build process automation for data using clicks instead of code from within Salesforce. When you create a secure process to connect the information stored in different systems, you build a real-time, integrated view of your customers and your business.
To automate processes with Composer, you build a flow that contains each step in the process.
- Selecting the data that you specify from a system such as Google Sheets, Tableau, Workday, or a Salesforce org
- Performing actions on the data, such as copying it to another system
You choose when to trigger the flow: when something happens, like a change to a record or row, or at intervals of time that you specify. Flows can be as simple or complex as your business needs.
Where: MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce is available for an extra cost in Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited editions that have enabled Lightning Experience.
Use More Properties to Customize Search Input and Search Bar Components
You can use more properties to customize the B2B Commerce for Lightning Experience Search Input component and B2B2C Commerce Search Bar component. Enhancements include design selections for border radius, and various color settings.
Where: This change applies to B2B Commerce on Lightning Experience and B2B2C Commerce in Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer editions.
How: Using Experience Builder, click the component, make modifications, and publish your changes.
- Salesforce Help: Create a B2B Store on an Existing Experience Cloud Site
- Salesforce Help: Modernize the B2B Commerce Order Experience with Salesforce Order Management
- Salesforce Help: Order Management Lifecycle Stages
- Salesforce Help: Maintain Customer Trust During an Outage with Service Level Agreements
- Salesforce Help: Guidelines for Working with Entitlements
- Salesforce Help: Orchestrate Multiuser Processes with Flow Orchestration
- Trailhead: Flow Orchestration Basics
- Salesforce Help: Spring '22 MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce
- Salesforce Help: Use More Properties to Customize Search Input and Search Bar Components